Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
615 Posts
Welcome from Georgia, USA !
Добро пожаловать из Джорджии, США!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

Joined to hopefully get some advice and information.
Been thinking on buying/building a Summer toy and the Trailhawk is on my list of candidates. My budget would be enough for a 14-15 Trailhawk or 07-10 Wrangler. Not looking to do any heavy off-roading but do want a lift, winch/bush bar and bigger tires.
I live in Ontario's snowbelt so road salt and age are an issue when buying a used old car.
Don't really like how a Wrangler drives on the highway and the ones in that year range are most times rust buckets so again, the Trailhawk cached my eye. I used to own a 1957 Jeep Willys and I don't really want to go back to super rough unpredictable ride, want a toy to drive around and occasional light off-roading.

So, came across the transmission issue. How can I tell if what I am buying has a 68307403AG PTO and not any of the ones affected (68090605AJ, 68090605AK, 68090605AL 68282447AA, 68282447AB, 68282447AC, 68307403AA, and 68307403AB)?
Will this come up in the build sheet for a given VIN and where can I look this up?

Here is a pic of the Jeep I owned for 20+ years.

Thanks !

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi

Joined to hopefully get some advice and information.
Been thinking on buying/building a Summer toy and the Trailhawk is on my list of candidates. My budget would be enough for a 14-15 Trailhawk or 07-10 Wrangler. Not looking to do any heavy off-roading but do want a lift, winch/bush bar and bigger tires.
I live in Ontario's snowbelt so road salt and age are an issue when buying a used old car.
Don't really like how a Wrangler drives on the highway and the ones in that year range are most times rust buckets so again, the Trailhawk cached my eye. I used to own a 1957 Jeep Willys and I don't really want to go back to super rough unpredictable ride, want a toy to drive around and occasional light off-roading.

So, came across the transmission issue. How can I tell if what I am buying has a 68307403AG PTO and not any of the ones affected (68090605AJ, 68090605AK, 68090605AL 68282447AA, 68282447AB, 68282447AC, 68307403AA, and 68307403AB)?
Will this come up in the build sheet for a given VIN and where can I look this up?

Here is a pic of the Jeep I owned for 20+ years.

View attachment 213282

Thanks !
Welcome from Utah!!!😎

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Limited Diesel
5 Posts
Hi: I'm Alan, the Australian owner of a 2016 KL Cherokee Limited diesel. It's my second Jeep, succeeding a 2007 KJ Diesel that served us faithfully in its time with us. We live in Melbourne but regularly travel into country Victoria, usually towing a camper trailer. We like to get away from the crowds and into "real Aussie bush" so the 4WD capability and towing competence of the Jeep is highly valued! This Jeep has travelled to Alice Springs in the Red Centre twice (4,000 km each way) and up to north Queensland (also 4,000 km each way). The Limited is a magnificent and comfortable touring car, and the diesel is very economical on long trips - 6.5 l/100 km (36 mpg....) at 100 and 110 kph (60 - 65 mph). Love this car.

·
Registered
2020 Cherokee High Altitude
82 Posts
Hello, I'm registering here on behalf of my wife and her 2020 Cherokee High Altitude. Technically its "our" Cherokee, but mostly it is hers ;)

Don't worry about me, I don't suffer. I have a nice 2017.5 Compass Limited we bought about three years ago right when the 2nd gens came out.

The Compass was our primary adventuring vehicle for the past three years and 50k miles, we both like it a lot but she did not want to have his-and-hers pair of Compasses sitting in the driveway. She was also understandably unimpressed with the highway performance of the 4 cylinder Compass. So we dug deep and got her into this 2020 Cherokee. She got the V6 of course (God help any of you poor souls pushing the heavier Cherokee around with that 2.4L motor, it barely pushes my 1000-pound-lighter Compass around adequately).

She likes everything black, so black paint with the High Altitude package to get all black trim and lots of upgrade goodies. Cold weather group of course because we are in Minnesota. Got the sunroof too.

We draw the line at the safety tech package though (for both our Jeeps). We are not old enough to need to be relying on cameras in our bumper with the computer keeping us straight in our lane or brake for us automatically type of junk. I'm fine with that tech existing, probably very helpful to elderly drivers or people who simply never learned to drive well, but for me either I am going to drive my car 100% and take 100% responsibility for its movements or else I am not going to drive it at all. As a software engineer and robotics team coach I don't trust computers any farther than I can throw them. I certainly do not trust FCA software engineers with control of my steering wheel or brake pedal. We're only here in these cars because they look sharp and are super comfortable, and reasonably capable. Our brand loyalty is often tested by the buggy electronics and cost/design shortcuts taken in both of these Jeeps, yet here we still are (for now).

The list of issues we've had with the Compass is too long to broach, its spent weeks in the service department shop. It is amazing we didn't dump it when the lease ended honestly. But its just so good when its all working properly.

The Cherokee had a much better start than our Compass, I figured surely by 2020 when they've been selling the KL since 2014 they must have most of the bugs worked out. It does seem to be much better than our Compass, but nevertheless its going to the service department on Friday to test and likely replace a garbage OEM battery that is failing us in this cold weather. We did not appreciate our Cherokee failing to start on a cold -10 degree morning in Wisconsin with two of our friends in the car, after having already checked out of our AirBnB and wanting to get started on the 500 mile drive home. Embarrassing. We don't appreciate it here in our driveway either, I have the battery charger on it right now as it was down to 12.0 volts after she got home from work yesterday which makes no sense when she has a half-hour highway commute and the car is driven every day. Garbage OEM batteries, just one of the frustrating corners they are cutting under FCA's direction.

I'm going to let them put a new battery in on Friday at the service department, because I think its important to be part of the statistics of how many owners have issues with their cheap batteries. Likely we will swap to something reputable like Northstar AGM anyways. I'll use their low quality replacement OEM in one of my other non-daily-driver project cars around here.

Anyways, look forward to chatting with others and gleaning info and advice. Gotten a lot of great information from the myjeepcompass forum, I'm sure it will be great on here too.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hello, I'm registering here on behalf of my wife and her 2020 Cherokee High Altitude. Technically its "our" Cherokee, but mostly it is hers ;)

Don't worry about me, I don't suffer. I have a nice 2017.5 Compass Limited we bought about three years ago right when the 2nd gens came out.

The Compass was our primary adventuring vehicle for the past three years and 50k miles, we both like it a lot but she did not want to have his-and-hers pair of Compasses sitting in the driveway. She was also understandably unimpressed with the highway performance of the 4 cylinder Compass. So we dug deep and got her into this 2020 Cherokee. She got the V6 of course (God help any of you poor souls pushing the heavier Cherokee around with that 2.4L motor, it barely pushes my 1000-pound-lighter Compass around adequately).

She likes everything black, so black paint with the High Altitude package to get all black trim and lots of upgrade goodies. Cold weather group of course because we are in Minnesota. Got the sunroof too.

We draw the line at the safety tech package though (for both our Jeeps). We are not old enough to need to be relying on cameras in our bumper with the computer keeping us straight in our lane or brake for us automatically type of junk. I'm fine with that tech existing, probably very helpful to elderly drivers or people who simply never learned to drive well, but for me either I am going to drive my car 100% and take 100% responsibility for its movements or else I am not going to drive it at all. As a software engineer and robotics team coach I don't trust computers any farther than I can throw them. I certainly do not trust FCA software engineers with control of my steering wheel or brake pedal. We're only here in these cars because they look sharp and are super comfortable, and reasonably capable. Our brand loyalty is often tested by the buggy electronics and cost/design shortcuts taken in both of these Jeeps, yet here we still are (for now).

The list of issues we've had with the Compass is too long to broach, its spent weeks in the service department shop. It is amazing we didn't dump it when the lease ended honestly. But its just so good when its all working properly.

The Cherokee had a much better start than our Compass, I figured surely by 2020 when they've been selling the KL since 2014 they must have most of the bugs worked out. It does seem to be much better than our Compass, but nevertheless its going to the service department on Friday to test and likely replace a garbage OEM battery that is failing us in this cold weather. We did not appreciate our Cherokee failing to start on a cold -10 degree morning in Wisconsin with two of our friends in the car, after having already checked out of our AirBnB and wanting to get started on the 500 mile drive home. Embarrassing. We don't appreciate it here in our driveway either, I have the battery charger on it right now as it was down to 12.0 volts after she got home from work yesterday which makes no sense when she has a half-hour highway commute and the car is driven every day. Garbage OEM batteries, just one of the frustrating corners they are cutting under FCA's direction.

I'm going to let them put a new battery in on Friday at the service department, because I think its important to be part of the statistics of how many owners have issues with their cheap batteries. Likely we will swap to something reputable like Northstar AGM anyways. I'll use their low quality replacement OEM in one of my other non-daily-driver project cars around here.

Anyways, look forward to chatting with others and gleaning info and advice. Gotten a lot of great information from the myjeepcompass forum, I'm sure it will be great on here too.

View attachment 213301

View attachment 213302
Welcome from Utah!!!
image-3761036648.jpg

Reactions: arudlang

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4x4
3 Posts
Hi there!

Bought a Used 2014 Cherokee Latitude last year and have fell in love with the car ever since! it's got a ton of mileage for a "newer" car so I'm sort of scared to do anything big on it and I don't want to go to crazy so I'm just sort of looking to do mostly appearance changes and maybe some changes to make it just sound a little meaner. :ROFLMAO:

Hoping to steal a lot of ideas from all the brave people who messed with their cars before me!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi there!

Bought a Used 2014 Cherokee Latitude last year and have fell in love with the car ever since! it's got a ton of mileage for a "newer" car so I'm sort of scared to do anything big on it and I don't want to go to crazy so I'm just sort of looking to do mostly appearance changes and maybe some changes to make it just sound a little meaner. :ROFLMAO:

Hoping to steal a lot of ideas from all the brave people who messed with their cars before me!
Welcome from Utah!!!😎

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to JeepCherokeeClub!

We pride ourselves on being a friendly place for discussions about Jeep, Cherokees, and everything in between.

We ask that you both post an introduction here and introduce yourselves to our great community, and please also support our vendors that work hard to bring you the best products they can at the best prices they can.

From your moderator team,
Joe
Hello everyone out there in The Jeep Cherokee Club!!
I am the Owner of a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk Granet Grey pearl clear coat 8.4 UConnect. Living it up on the Jersey Shore, whether driving the backwoods trails in the South Jersey Pine Barrens or the sand dunes on the beach to just driving on the back roads and Highway's. I'm just loving my Jeep more and more from the Exterior to the Interior it has it all. Style, Class and big set of BALLS to go just about anywhere you want to go especially with the skid plates. #YESYESYES

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hello everyone out there in The Jeep Cherokee Club!!
I am the Owner of a 2014 Cherokee Trailhawk Granet Grey pearl clear coat 8.4 UConnect. Living it up on the Jersey Shore, whether driving the backwoods trails in the South Jersey Pine Barrens or the sand dunes on the beach to just driving on the back roads and Highway's. I'm just loving my Jeep more and more from the Exterior to the Interior it has it all. Style, Class and big set of BALLS to go just about anywhere you want to go especially with the skid plates. #YESYESYES
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
2017 jeep Cherokee trailhawk L plus 3.2 v6
4 Posts
Hi all I’m a new Jeep owner from Ohio recently got gifted a 2017 Cherokee trailhawk 3.2 v6 I joined the forum because the more I drive the Cherokee the more I like it. I am very interested in learning about my Cherokee too, like when I first got it I was getting 16 mpg but I looked at some forums on here about mpg and better techniques and now I’m getting 20 mpg (mostly city). I would also really love to take mine off-road some time because I’ve learned how capable the Cherokee trailhawk really is. Overall I’m excited to learn about my vehicle on this forum, and excited to be here.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hi all I’m a new Jeep owner from Ohio recently got gifted a 2017 Cherokee trailhawk 3.2 v6 I joined the forum because the more I drive the Cherokee the more I like it. I am very interested in learning about my Cherokee too, like when I first got it I was getting 16 mpg but I looked at some forums on here about mpg and better techniques and now I’m getting 20 mpg (mostly city). I would also really love to take mine off-road some time because I’ve learned how capable the Cherokee trailhawk really is. Overall I’m excited to learn about my vehicle on this forum, and excited to be here.
Welcome from Utah!!! Stick around, and you will learn everything you need to know about your Trailhawk...😎

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited 3.2 AD2
2 Posts
Hello all - new Cherokee owner here - '21 Limited 3.2 w/ AD2. Traded in a 2017 Compass for a bit more room and capability. Not to say I plan on doing any serious off-roading, but the fam and I do take a few road trips every year, camping once in a while, and an occasional tow every now and then.

We picked it up just under a month ago and so far i've had 15% tints installed on the front doors and installed Maxpider floor/cargo mats. Looking forward to doing a few more upgrades/mods - glad to see there's a lot of options out there.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Hello all - new Cherokee owner here - '21 Limited 3.2 w/ AD2. Traded in a 2017 Compass for a bit more room and capability. Not to say I plan on doing any serious off-roading, but the fam and I do take a few road trips every year, camping once in a while, and an occasional tow every now and then.

We picked it up just under a month ago and so far i've had 15% tints installed on the front doors and installed Maxpider floor/cargo mats. Looking forward to doing a few more upgrades/mods - glad to see there's a lot of options out there.
Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Limited...😎

Reactions: milktruk

·
Registered
2021 3.2 Cherokee Trailhawk
10 Posts
Hey, folks! My S/O and I just got a fresh-off-the-line 2021 3.2 Trailhawk. We're in Denver, and I grew up Jeeping with my dad's 2000 4-door Cherokee in California. We've been driving an unstoppable Subaru Outback everywhere, but we needed something just a bit more capable, with skid plates and slightly more room for tires to get to some of Colorado's best backpacking and fly-fishing.

We're looking to do a couple upgrades (tires, roof basket, MAYBE a bull bar), but don't have a garage to do any major mods now that I'm in a city.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, folks! My S/O and I just got a fresh-off-the-line 2021 3.2 Trailhawk. We're in Denver, and I grew up Jeeping with my dad's 2000 4-door Cherokee in California. We've been driving an unstoppable Subaru Outback everywhere, but we needed something just a bit more capable, with skid plates and slightly more room for tires to get to some of Colorado's best backpacking and fly-fishing.

We're looking to do a couple upgrades (tires, roof basket, MAYBE a bull bar), but don't have a garage to do any major mods now that I'm in a city.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Elite, 3.2L V6
1 Posts
Hello Cherokee Club Members!

Just joined the community after going to the dealership to get my 30K maintenance on my TH and getting quoted for $688. I decided not to get penetrated too deeply and just went with my tire rotation since it was overdue. I researched the rest of the items and I can do most of them myself. I also found out there is unnecessary maintenance they try to push on you to rip you off (ohh how surprising...). I was about to pay the full $688 but decided to call my girlfriend's dad who owns a shop in Denver and he told me all the dirty details.

Anyway, I decided to join the community after reading all the helpful comments here. I'm a fairly new Jeep owner. Bought my 2019 Jeep Cherokee TH in 2018 after graduating from college and landing my first professional gig. Named her Betty and we've driven 36,000 miles through all kinds of adventurous terrain. I'm looking to give her a lift soon using the MFC 2" lift package (will probably add the Dobinsons at some point in the far future and maybe the fox long-travel suspension) and when it comes time to replace my stock tires, I'll add some size to the next ones.

Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
2,661 Posts

Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Trailhawk, you just thought the Suby was capable?!?!😎

Reactions: Axtman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Trailhawk, you just thought the Suby was capable?!?!😎
Thanks! We're loving it so far.

You laugh, but we were never able to get it stuck, even once. Mud, sand, snow, anything! It even had the same clearance as the Trailhawk. We once snatched out a Rubicon with it, highlight of my year. Definitely worse approach and breakover angles, though.

2841 - 2860 of 2888 Posts