2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2801 - 2820 of 2826 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello! My name is Kyle I own a 2015 jeep Cherokee trailhawk and i'm from Canada. I joined because I have lots of questions about other people modding the KL's and was hoping to get them answered and maybe find others in my area who like to off road. I just placed an order for a 1" suspension lift from MFC off road with the fox long travel package plus the 2" pucks and upgraded springs. I'm also waiting on my bumper from the expedition one buy group to be finished. Then I upgrade tires and cv's then find a hole deep enough to justify a snorkel kit!

·
Registered
2014 Trail Hawk
5 Posts
Hey everybody! Just picked up my brand new (used) 2014 Trail Hawk. Excited to be on the forum and get to learn more about the Jeep and Cherokee platform. I am primarily based in Pullman, WA GO COUGS! However, I am also familiar with Southern California and South Phoenix areas. I am interested in the small scale overlanding/camping as I now have a vehicle do to so. Any recommendations on where to start / tips that you wish you had when you first began would be welcome. With that being said here's a quick photo of her.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey everybody! Just picked up my brand new (used) 2014 Trail Hawk. Excited to be on the forum and get to learn more about the Jeep and Cherokee platform. I am primarily based in Pullman, WA GO COUGS! However, I am also familiar with Southern California and South Phoenix areas. I am interested in the small scale overlanding/camping as I now have a vehicle do to so. Any recommendations on where to start / tips that you wish you had when you first began would be welcome. With that being said here's a quick photo of her. View attachment 212902
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey everybody! Just picked up my brand new (used) 2014 Trail Hawk. Excited to be on the forum and get to learn more about the Jeep and Cherokee platform. I am primarily based in Pullman, WA GO COUGS! However, I am also familiar with Southern California and South Phoenix areas. I am interested in the small scale overlanding/camping as I now have a vehicle do to so. Any recommendations on where to start / tips that you wish you had when you first began would be welcome. With that being said here's a quick photo of her. View attachment 212902
Welcome from the western side of Washington state :). My first install on my TH was a roof rack system as I knew I wanted to throw snowboards, bags, bikes, wood, whatever up on it. I personally went with the Front Runner rack but there are a ton of other great systems out there. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
2014 Trail Hawk
5 Posts
Welcome from the western side of Washington state :). My first install on my TH was a roof rack system as I knew I wanted to throw snowboards, bags, bikes, wood, whatever up on it. I personally went with the Front Runner rack but there are a ton of other great systems out there. Again, welcome!
I've taken a look at those front runner racks for similar reasons and man are they nice! Im learning quickly that this whole making your car look cool thing is expensive haha. That being said a roof rack is definitely up there on the to-do list.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome.

I think the advice I would give to a newcomer into off-reading/over landing is to make sure you have the appropriate gear, and I’m not talking about stuff like a refrigerator. I would strongly recommend a jack you can use off-road, like a good bottle jack, or if you have a lot of scratch to light on fire, the ARB jack. What comes with a TH is unlikely to work off-road In any kind of challenging situation.

Next thing I would recommend is a recovery strap. I am not saying a tow strap, I’m saying a recovery strap—make sure you know the difference. I can strongly recommend the rope made by Factor 55.

Third and last, I would never go off-road without rock rails. There’s been too many times where I came off a rock at an odd angle and had to rely on them to save the TH from damage and still allow me to exit the vehicle. They’re heavy, but worth their weight in gold. I would recommend painting them every couple years, or I had mine Line-Xed and they look like the day I bought them even after a few sturdy whacks.

This Cherokee is a blast, have fun with it.

·
Registered
2014 Trail Hawk
5 Posts
Welcome.

I think the advice I would give to a newcomer into off-reading/over landing is to make sure you have the appropriate gear, and I’m not talking about stuff like a refrigerator. I would strongly recommend a jack you can use off-road, like a good bottle jack, or if you have a lot of scratch to light on fire, the ARB jack. What comes with a TH is unlikely to work off-road In any kind of challenging situation.

Next thing I would recommend is a recovery strap. I am not saying a tow strap, I’m saying a recovery strap—make sure you know the difference. I can strongly recommend the rope made by Factor 55.

Third and last, I would never go off-road without rock rails. There’s been too many times where I came off a rock at an odd angle and had to rely on them to save the TH from damage and still allow me to exit the vehicle. They’re heavy, but worth their weight in gold. I would recommend painting them every couple years, or I had mine Line-Xed and they look like the day I bought them even after a few sturdy whacks.

This Cherokee is a blast, have fun with it.
I appreciate the advice, rock rails are definitely something I'm looking into the RRO ones look sick. I have never heard of a recovery strap before so ill look into one and I can definitely see why the jack is a must have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone

I am Mark Drouser, a cars fanatic with years of experience in the automobile industry. I have my personal workshop in my house. I repair and resale the salvage cars bought from some good salvage auto auction sites. Generally I use salvagebid.com or iaai.com, as they have huge inventory to choose the vehicle of your choice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Witam z południa Polski! Cieszę się, że znalazłem to forum. Jeżdżę Jeep Cherokee trailhowk 2015 i uważam to auto za jedno z najlepszych terenówek w swojej klasie:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I was looking at buying a newer vehicle as the escape we had died with lower end engine problems. We were at the dealership looking at this I believe it was a Buick SUV. Out of the corner of my eye I see this sexy looking little white Cherokee sitting there. I fell in love with my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I have heard horror stories about Jeep and some issues. I really could care less. I love the way this Jeep drives, Looks, and the interior is beautiful. Also Love the 3.2 liter V6 coming from a 4 Cyl lol. Not that there is anything wrong with a 4 cyl. Anyway My name is Derrick and I'm from Canada. Happy I found a forum dedicated to the Cherokee. Always valuable info to be shared with vehicles as shops are super expensive and I enjoy doing a lot of my work. Thanks

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
206 Posts
Welcome from the US!
Witamy z USA!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I was looking at buying a newer vehicle as the escape we had died with lower end engine problems. We were at the dealership looking at this I believe it was a Buick SUV. Out of the corner of my eye I see this sexy looking little white Cherokee sitting there. I fell in love with my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. I have heard horror stories about Jeep and some issues. I really could care less. I love the way this Jeep drives, Looks, and the interior is beautiful. Also Love the 3.2 liter V6 coming from a 4 Cyl lol. Not that there is anything wrong with a 4 cyl. Anyway My name is Derrick and I'm from Canada. Happy I found a forum dedicated to the Cherokee. Always valuable info to be shared with vehicles as shops are super expensive and I enjoy doing a lot of my work. Thanks
Welcome from Utah!!! Stick around, and you will learn everything you need to know about your new Trailhawk...😎

·
Registered
2014 Trail Hawk
5 Posts
Hello Everyone,
Welcome from Washington!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Welcome from Connecticut

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings from Vermont! I just got my 2021 Trailhawk last Friday and like it a lot so far. I'm a retired engineer, having worked in the aerospace industry as well as 15 years in the automotive industry for manufacturers- including owning my own restoration shop. I've had an M38, CJ5, Wrangler YJ, Grand Cherokee ZJ... then a lot of Land Rovers in between, when I did some expedition work and served as an off-road driving instructor for the Land Rover training school here in Vermont.
I'm looking forward to many years back in a Jeep again, and hopefully I can offer some help along the way if anyone needs it.

2801 - 2820 of 2826 Posts