2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2781 - 2800 of 2826 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Greetings from Florida!

Bought my 14' TH back in July and have many plans for it as this is my first Jeep. I've already done some custom lighting work to it. Been using this forum for information and it has been an extremely valuable source! Look forward to learning for one another!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Greetings from Florida!

Bought my 14' TH back in July and have many plans for it as this is my first Jeep. I've already done some custom lighting work to it. Been using this forum for information and it has been an extremely valuable source! Look forward to learning for one another!

View attachment 212603
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone. Greeting from Vancouver BC

I just picked up a 2019 Trailhawk Elite and I am smitten with this Jeep! I looked hard at wranglers and grand cherokees and I kept coming back to the cherokee because of the versatility and the smooth ride.

I'm an adventurer, camper, skier among many others and I'm excited to put her to the test on some trials and snow.

I'm looking for a versatile roof rack system that will allow me Raul things like skis, kayaks, golf clubs and maybe even the odd sheet of plywood. I had a look at some of the forums and saw lots of good recommendations on cross bars, but I am looking for something more like a platform that can take different accessories and stay relatively low profile since I have less than a foot of clearance (I believe) in my underground parking garage.

Would love to hear your recommendations.

Cheers
Anthony

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hey everyone. Greeting from Vancouver BC

I just picked up a 2019 Trailhawk Elite and I am smitten with this Jeep! I looked hard at wranglers and grand cherokees and I kept coming back to the cherokee because of the versatility and the smooth ride.

I'm an adventurer, camper, skier among many others and I'm excited to put her to the test on some trials and snow.

I'm looking for a versatile roof rack system that will allow me Raul things like skis, kayaks, golf clubs and maybe even the odd sheet of plywood. I had a look at some of the forums and saw lots of good recommendations on cross bars, but I am looking for something more like a platform that can take different accessories and stay relatively low profile since I have less than a foot of clearance (I believe) in my underground parking garage.

Would love to hear your recommendations.

Cheers
Anthony
Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Trailhawk...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here’s a pic of the TH at a truck stop on I-70 on the way to Kanab.
View attachment 212464
The TH did an awesome job on the trip. Over 4200 miles with no hiccups. Just a couple of self induced things, like running over a small berm at night in Moab. Heard a scrape but I checked the underside and I couldn’t see any damage. It runs straight and true. No discernible oil consumption. I didn’t have to change the oil but we went through a couple of big dust storms in Arizona. It looked really good. The only thing I can say that is remotely negative is the seats aren’t as comfortable as my Cadillac CTS. We also averaged over 23 mpg with the cargo rack loaded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I sold Jeeps for a couple years and finally bought one myself this past Labor Day weekend. It’s an olive green 2020 Jeep Cherokee LUX. Overall, very happy with it. I always drove sedans, so this is my first SUV. Takes a little getting used to, but I have adjusted. I really love the heated steering wheel. The Lane Sense is great, but the message about placing your hands on the wheel is annoying. I always have my hands on the wheel, but apparently I’m a little too lazy about providing steering input.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I sold Jeeps for a couple years and finally bought one myself this past Labor Day weekend. It’s an olive green 2020 Jeep Cherokee LUX. Overall, very happy with it. I always drove sedans, so this is my first SUV. Takes a little getting used to, but I have adjusted. I really love the heated steering wheel. The Lane Sense is great, but the message about placing your hands on the wheel is annoying. I always have my hands on the wheel, but apparently I’m a little too lazy about providing steering input.
Welcome from Utah!!!

Reactions: wmoore98

·
Registered
2019 Cherokee Limited, Diamond black, 4x4, 2.0, 2012 Rubicon Black
3 Posts
Hello from Naples Florida, and So Indiana (Summer). Just picked up a 2019 Cherokee Limited 4x4 2.0 Diamond black, my other Jeep is a 2012 JKR. I have had Jeeps for over 35 yr starting with a 1979 brown golden eagle. So far I am really enjoying the Cherokee with the turbo I will keep it maintained well, and I hope to keep it for many years.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hello from Naples Florida, and So Indiana (Summer). Just picked up a 2019 Cherokee Limited 4x4 2.0 Diamond black, my other Jeep is a 2012 JKR. I have had Jeeps for over 35 yr starting with a 1979 brown golden eagle. So far I am really enjoying the Cherokee with the turbo I will keep it maintained well, and I hope to keep it for many years.
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
206 Posts
What does that make you, a heat bird? Welcome! I have the same Jeep!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Gotcha, My cousins now run the family farm in upstate NY, leaves me to fly a desk. Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I am the newest guy. I am about to go full timing in an RV. My desire is to flat tow a vehicle. What Jeeps are the best to flat tow and what particular items should I look for? I am interested in the Grand Cherokee series.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi all. I am the newest guy. I am about to go full timing in an RV. My desire is to flat tow a vehicle. What Jeeps are the best to flat tow and what particular items should I look for? I am interested in the Grand Cherokee series.
Welcome to the board! You’re not going to get as much advice about the Grand Cherokee because this is a Cherokee board.

Most of the Jeep models, and that certainly includes the Cherokee, can be flat-towed. I guess it all depends on how much space you need. If you don’t need a ton of room to stuff things in, the Cherokee would be a great choice. GC definitely has a little more space with its longer wheelbase.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you go with the Cherokee, you will need to get one with Active Drive II (this has a Low range and a neutral setting). the Front wheel drive and basic 4X4 (Active Drive I) cannot be flat towed. Other Jeeps that can be flat towed are the Grand Cherokee, Wrangler and Gladiator, these have similar restrictions, but their 4X4 systems can have different names.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all.

New 2021 Jeep Cherokee (Limited trim) owner; I take delivery of it on Jan 6/21.

First Jeep I've ever owned. Traded in my 2013 Chrysler 300 for it.

It has 100km on the odo which is a little higher than I was expecting.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Eric (ironllama)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Hi all.

New 2021 Jeep Cherokee (Limited trim) owner; I take delivery of it on Jan 6/21.

First Jeep I've ever owned. Traded in my 2013 Chrysler 300 for it.

It has 100km on the odo which is a little higher than I was expecting.

Anyway, glad to be here!

Eric (ironllama)
Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Limited...

2781 - 2800 of 2826 Posts