2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2761 - 2780 of 2783 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys just got a new to me 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk! It took a lot of patience to get it but is finally mine.

Yeah getting to Alabama was crazy I flew to Houston then from Houston to Birmingham Alabama then I walked into a strange scary ass neighborhood and found a no_tell motel because the original place I put was so far away from the bus stop I needed to be at then I took a lift ride from the hotel motel to the bus station and took a bus from Birmingham Alabama to Montgomery Alabama that's Dothan Alabama where I walked two and a half miles to get to the CarMax. then I drove 12 hrs straight to Austin Texas where Alabama (that's her name) relaxing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey guys just got a new to me 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk! It took a lot of patience to get it but is finally mine.

Yeah getting to Alabama was crazy I flew to Houston then from Houston to Birmingham Alabama then I walked into a strange scary ass neighborhood and found a no_tell motel because the original place I put was so far away from the bus stop I needed to be at then I took a lift ride from the hotel motel to the bus station and took a bus from Birmingham Alabama to Montgomery Alabama that's Dothan Alabama where I walked two and a half miles to get to the CarMax. then I drove 12 hrs straight to Austin Texas where Alabama (that's her name) relaxing.
Now that's commitment!!! Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey!
Picked up my 2016 latitude in true blue about 6 weeks ago. My girlfriend and I were looking at Rams to replace her 06 stratus that won't die (that's another story, lmao) and a dealer showed us the jeep. Well, me being a GM guy and she's a dodge girl, we found a happy median! I needed something to do light to moderate towing and she wanted something with space to tote teenagers around in.

So far were both loving it!
I ordered a curt hitch kit for it already.
Other plans just simple k&n drop in filter, probably an exhaust once the warranty is up (really weird worrying about a warranty) its just to quiet for me.
Tow hooks, taller tires, etc etc.

Only thing I don't like is the auto start stop. I did unplug the hood lift sensor thing to disable it. But eventually will want a permanent disable without an error message.

Anyway. Enough rambling. Glad to join!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey!
Picked up my 2016 latitude in true blue about 6 weeks ago. My girlfriend and I were looking at Rams to replace her 06 stratus that won't die (that's another story, lmao) and a dealer showed us the jeep. Well, me being a GM guy and she's a dodge girl, we found a happy median! I needed something to do light to moderate towing and she wanted something with space to tote teenagers around in.

So far were both loving it!
I ordered a curt hitch kit for it already.
Other plans just simple k&n drop in filter, probably an exhaust once the warranty is up (really weird worrying about a warranty) its just to quiet for me.
Tow hooks, taller tires, etc etc.

Only thing I don't like is the auto start stop. I did unplug the hood lift sensor thing to disable it. But eventually will want a permanent disable without an error message.

Anyway. Enough rambling. Glad to join!!
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
A white 2021 Trailhawk named Stormtrooper
19 Posts
I spent three hours at the dealer Saturday, they told me that the ORC module, which apparently is a sort of master controller, was okay, but another module that apparently detonated the airbag, was bad and had been replaced. Things looked okay, but later that afternoon I got the airbag warning light again. It went out shortly, so I figured it was a ghost in the machine from the old module. I didn’t drive the Jeep for a few days, but did a five hour drive today, and the module comes on when I start the engine, but goes out after about ten minutes. It usually reappears when I restart, but not always. I also got an email via uconnect saying my airbags,are bad and should be serviced. I called the service manager when I got home and left a message. Will follow up and report back....
last week we were pretty much shut down by an ice storm and my dealer’s power was out. I drove the Trailhawk a few times, still seeing the airbag warning light. I took her in this morning, and the mechanic reported he was able to create the problem by wiggling the wiring harness, so he rewrapped the wiring harness and couldn’t re-create the Problem. That sounded good, so I drove off happily, until the airbag warning light came on again! The dealer reports that apparently another possibility was to replace a module (I assume the ORC module though they didn’t say), so they have ordered the module and it will be here Wednesday. I will get the module replaced and hope for the best!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here, recently picked up a 2019 TH with around 30k km on it. The best part is I didn't have to pay for it! (Company vehicle.)

It's maybe not quite as capable in terms of ground clearance as the Xterra Off Road I had before, but man it sure is a lot nicer to drive. (Leather, Nav, Cold Weather Group, Premium Audio, Power Liftgate) I will miss the 6-speed manual the Xterra had though.

First parts ordered for it are the factory hitch kit. Hoping to add a small lift at some point and 245/70s when the stock tires wear out.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it does off the pavement!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
New member here, recently picked up a 2019 TH with around 30k km on it. The best part is I didn't have to pay for it! (Company vehicle.)

It's maybe not quite as capable in terms of ground clearance as the Xterra Off Road I had before, but man it sure is a lot nicer to drive. (Leather, Nav, Cold Weather Group, Premium Audio, Power Liftgate) I will miss the 6-speed manual the Xterra had though.

First parts ordered for it are the factory hitch kit. Hoping to add a small lift at some point and 245/70s when the stock tires wear out.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing how it does off the pavement! View attachment 212407
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone - 3 weeks in now of Jeep life with a 2015 TH and it's been the best decision I have made in a long time!!! Living in Arizona I've only know the Phoenix area but since I got the TH I've done 2 waterfall hikes (incredible) and Mogollan Rim (pine trees...oh the pine trees). Hoping to learn lots of tips from everyone :)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hi everyone - 3 weeks in now of Jeep life with a 2015 TH and it's been the best decision I have made in a long time!!! Living in Arizona I've only know the Phoenix area but since I got the TH I've done 2 waterfall hikes (incredible) and Mogollan Rim (pine trees...oh the pine trees). Hoping to learn lots of tips from everyone :)
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sup fellow KL owners! I just purchased a 2021 Trailhawk last night. My first off road vehicle in all aspects. I dont know much about off-roading or overlanding. Im hoping this forum will be of some help. I am in Whitsett, North Carolina. I am definitely wanting to make a trip to Uwharrie soon to try it out. Hopefully i can meet some people close who can teach me a thing or 2!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all... new to forum, but we currently own 2015 Mango Tango Trailhawk 3.2L 4x4 since new. Currently has 120,000km on it. A few minor issues, but otherwise it has been a superb vehicle to own. I have a question though - we are looking at possibility of towing a 3500lb travel trailer with this unit. Anyone have similar experience and/or advice with towing on the trailhawk. Thanks in advance! Cheers!

·
Registered
2016 Jeep CHerokee Trailhawk
14 Posts

Hello! I have a 2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 6 cyl.

Have a bunch of questions so glad I found this!

1. Just bought a 2" lift kit, whats the biggest tire I can put on there or whats the best sized tire I can put on my jeep that doesn't mess with rubbing, driving stability, etc?

2. Tire recommendations for All terrain

3. Bumper or Rack recommendations please!

Thank you!

·
Registered
2016 Jeep CHerokee Trailhawk
14 Posts

Hello! I have a 2015 Cherokee Latitude 4x4 6 cyl.

Have a bunch of questions so glad I found this!

1. Just bought a 2" lift kit, whats the biggest tire I can put on there or whats the best sized tire I can put on my jeep that doesn't mess with rubbing, driving stability, etc?

3. Bumper or Rack recommendations please!

Thank you!

- give this list a look. Tire ratings for All-Terrains from tirerack.com

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6
1 Posts
Hey Jeep fam 🤙🏼

I just picked up a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6 back in September. Just recently started to piece together some attachments for an upcoming road trip, so I'll be logging it all soon! Love that there is a community to find the answers to almost all the questions I've had so far. That being said I'm glad to finally be apart of the Jeep fam and I'll see you all on the trails soon! Sláinte 🍻

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Hey Jeep fam 🤙🏼

I just picked up a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 3.2L V6 back in September. Just recently started to piece together some attachments for an upcoming road trip, so I'll be logging it all soon! Love that there is a community to find the answers to almost all the questions I've had so far. That being said I'm glad to finally be apart of the Jeep fam and I'll see you all on the trails soon! Sláinte 🍻

View attachment 212581
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome guys

2761 - 2780 of 2783 Posts