2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2621 - 2640 of 2665 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
I'm a former KL owner, 2014 TrailHawk 3.2L, vehicle was returned to FCA due to transaxle problems that couldn't be fixed.

As an automotive engineer I saw many unacceptable build and engineering issues on the first 2014 and 2015 KL.

I'm about to purchase a 2020 KL Limited because my partners 2018 Overland is such a vast improvement over my 2014 and I need a vehicle to supplement my convertible.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.
Welcome from Utah! Yes, the KL has come a long way. Still a Jeep, but much better for sure.
image-3761036648.jpg

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm a former KL owner, 2014 TrailHawk 3.2L, vehicle was returned to FCA due to transaxle problems that couldn't be fixed.

As an automotive engineer I saw many unacceptable build and engineering issues on the first 2014 and 2015 KL.

I'm about to purchase a 2020 KL Limited because my partners 2018 Overland is such a vast improvement over my 2014 and I need a vehicle to supplement my convertible.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.
My 2014 Latitude was returned because of multiple issues. I swore I would never get another Cherokee. I lied.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member, 2015 Trailhawk owner since new. Unusual history with this one. Came with a tiny windshield sticker from a video prep company, likely indicating commercial or auto show use. Had very nice panel and door alignment , up until a wild horse fell on top of the hood. First snowfall of the year, late October, less than a years ownership, was driving to my home in Virginia City, Nevada. Cut into the side of the mountains, NV341 curves up from the valley floor; the Shelby Club and Ferrari Club rent this road for their yearly hillclimb. Unexpectedly, a large horse above me on the mountainside apparently stumbled and landed on my hood while I was doing about 25 mph. I thought the horse would be lying there dead, but saw it just walking off thru the snow. After new fender hood and door, panel gaps are now... not great anymore. Up in the Sierra Nevadas it saw daily vigorous off pavement and also frequent heavy snow use. Having moved to Las Vegas a few months ago, it is not really suited for use here. However, have been doing some off road trails during this viral quarantine.
Traded in my Porsche 911 Cab 4 for the Jeep, but that's another tale.

·
Registered
357 Posts
New member, 2015 Trailhawk owner since new. Unusual history with this one. Came with a tiny windshield sticker from a video prep company, likely indicating commercial or auto show use. Had very nice panel and door alignment , up until a wild horse fell on top of the hood. First snowfall of the year, late October, less than a years ownership, was driving to my home in Virginia City, Nevada. Cut into the side of the mountains, NV341 curves up from the valley floor; the Shelby Club and Ferrari Club rent this road for their yearly hillclimb. Unexpectedly, a large horse above me on the mountainside apparently stumbled and landed on my hood while I was doing about 25 mph. I thought the horse would be lying there dead, but saw it just walking off thru the snow. After new fender hood and door, panel gaps are now... not great anymore. Up in the Sierra Nevadas it saw daily vigorous off pavement and also frequent heavy snow use. Having moved to Las Vegas a few months ago, it is not really suited for use here. However, have been doing some off road trails during this viral quarantine.
Traded in my Porsche 911 Cab 4 for the Jeep, but that's another tale.
Wow, and I thought I'd seen it all!!! Never seen a horse fall on my car!!! Welcome from Utah...

·
Registered
8 Posts
New member from the DC area. I finally got rid of my 07 Wrangler with 200k miles on it (all mine) and decided to switch it up and get a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. This site has been very helpful for modification ideas since I bought the trailhawk a couple months ago and I plan on contributing back when and where I can. I just got it back from the shop yesterday after installing the MFC 2 inch lift and 245/70 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. It really makes the trailhawk look great!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everybody, new member from Northwest Arkansas. First time Jeep owner, 2019 KL Limited 4x4. I'm excited to begin the modifying process, looking to get a 2" lift and some larger A/T tires on it soon so I can get onto some good trails this summer!

·
Registered
357 Posts
New member from the DC area. I finally got rid of my 07 Wrangler with 200k miles on it (all mine) and decided to switch it up and get a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. This site has been very helpful for modification ideas since I bought the trailhawk a couple months ago and I plan on contributing back when and where I can. I just got it back from the shop yesterday after installing the MFC 2 inch lift and 245/70 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. It really makes the trailhawk look great!
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey everybody, new member from Northwest Arkansas. First time Jeep owner, 2019 KL Limited 4x4. I'm excited to begin the modifying process, looking to get a 2" lift and some larger A/T tires on it soon so I can get onto some good trails this summer!
Welcome from Utah!!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey, post a picture with the new lift, and tires!!! That's the same lift I'm getting ready to put on mine. Ordered it Wednesday, should be arriving soon, can't wait!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
New to the site, from Indiana. Just got a 2020 Limited. Love it so far! Enjoying looking at various posts on this community and looking forward to learning all things Cherokee.
Welcome! Glad you are loving your Cherokee!

·
Registered
806 Posts
2621 - 2640 of 2665 Posts