2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

2601 - 2620 of 2665 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a new 2020 Limited last week for my 65th birthday. Granite Crystal and Ski Grey with the tow package, Tec package, and Luxury group so it is set up to my liking. Hard to find one without a sunroof which I did not want. It's an all wheel drive but without the low range, which is fine as my off roading days are pretty much over. Only needed it (more likely wanted) for launching a boat.
It's the first new car I have bought for myself since I was in high school and bought a Jeep Commando which got me through High School, Collage, and the first year of employment. Any new car after that was for the wife :) My rides were used CJ &Wrangler and a couple old Dodge Power wagons were the long term ones.
This new Limited is nice and I am enjoying the comfort and gadgets. All good so far, about 500miles. Now I just have to figure out how to install the 2 meter rig in it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the form, a number of members have short wave, use search, there are a number of threads that would be helpful. I'm sure they will chime in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend recently bought a 14 Cherokee Sport, when she got it home and tried to put gas in it the pump would click off after 50-70 cents. I t seems like a venting issue in the tank but didn't know if there was a proven remedy?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a new 2020 Limited last week for my 65th birthday. Granite Crystal and Ski Grey with the tow package, Tec package, and Luxury group so it is set up to my liking. Hard to find one without a sunroof which I did not want. It's an all wheel drive but without the low range, which is fine as my off roading days are pretty much over. Only needed it (more likely wanted) for launching a boat.
It's the first new car I have bought for myself since I was in high school and bought a Jeep Commando which got me through High School, Collage, and the first year of employment. Any new car after that was for the wife :) My rides were used CJ &Wrangler and a couple old Dodge Power wagons were the long term ones.
This new Limited is nice and I am enjoying the comfort and gadgets. All good so far, about 500miles. Now I just have to figure out how to install the 2 meter rig in it.

Once you get your 2m installed I'd love to see pics!! Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Kyle, Texas. I've always liked Jeeps, but never thought I'd own one. Just got a 2014 Cherokee Sport this last week. It's my first Jeep and first SUV. I've always been a sedan kind of guy, but this car fits me better than I would have thought.

We went to San Antonio to buy a Mercedes, but that car had some issues. The Jeep was on the short list of alternatives and I loved it right off the bat. It was the most expensive car from the list and bumped the top of our budget. But it's worth it. Looking forward to many years of happy ownership.

·
Registered
357 Posts
BTW, I traded in a Mercedes for my Trailhawk. I think you made a wise decision. It costs like $200 bucks just to pull into the parking lot of the Mercedes dealer, and that's before they even ask you what's wrong with it at the service department. I don't miss mine...LOL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to JeepCherokeeClub!

We pride ourselves on being a friendly place for discussions about Jeep, Cherokees, and everything in between.

We ask that you both post an introduction here and introduce yourselves to our great community, and please also support our vendors that work hard to bring you the best products they can at the best prices they can.

From your moderator team,
Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello thanks for the Add my name is Dada From Miami Florida
I'm new to this jeep life and I need all the help I can get lol.:p

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up! This forum was a good tool for research before buying, thank you! I look forward to learning more about my Jeep and contributing back to the community here.

Next steps for me is to research best practices for maintenance, care, and modifications.

The image below is just hours after purchase and I thought some might like to have a look at the window sticker (below). The first thing I noticed was a 90% increase in a desire to drive off road! ;)

Cheers!

'17 Latitude 4x4 V6 VVT

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm a former KL owner, 2014 TrailHawk 3.2L, vehicle was returned to FCA due to transaxle problems that couldn't be fixed.

As an automotive engineer I saw many unacceptable build and engineering issues on the first 2014 and 2015 KL.

I'm about to purchase a 2020 KL Limited because my partners 2018 Overland is such a vast improvement over my 2014 and I need a vehicle to supplement my convertible.

Looking forward to participating in the forums.

2601 - 2620 of 2665 Posts