2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quakertown... Anyone know a place in the areas around either Quakertown or Bethlehem/Nazareth area to take a TH off road a bit? Haven't been able to find anything in my searches.
There's an old railroad bed (track removed) in Wind Gap. Look up 8th street Wind Gap. I think a local Offroad club posted some youtube videos up.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quakertown... Anyone know a place in the areas around either Quakertown or Bethlehem/Nazareth area to take a TH off road a bit? Haven't been able to find anything in my searches.
I haven't found a good public road that isn't just gravel for the most part. But there is a place called Rausch Creek off road park. They are out near Pine Grove kind of in Central PA. I never have been there but have driven by it a number of times. I doubt the KL will be welcome though. But then nobodies has to like it either to drive it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven't found a good public road that isn't just gravel for the most part. But there is a place called Rausch Creek off road park. They are out near Pine Grove kind of in Central PA. I never have been there but have driven by it a number of times. I doubt the KL will be welcome though. But then nobodies has to like it either to drive it.
I think it would be fine for the KL, especially for certain trails at Rausch. I haven't been there but have been doing some research. Basically looking for local places to get in 4wd without scratching up my daily driver. Rausch would be a cool local trip, perhaps after a parking lot and a beer meet and greet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it would be fine for the KL, especially for certain trails at Rausch. I haven't been there but have been doing some research. Basically looking for local places to get in 4wd without scratching up my daily driver. Rausch would be a cool local trip, perhaps after a parking lot and a beer meet and greet.
Sounds like a good idea. Not too many beers though or there would be no Rausch Creek.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is kind of an old thread but I am in Shrewsbury.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
For those interested in Rausch Creek, here is the link:
http://rc4x4.org/

They have plenty of green trails to enjoy. Trail maps and directions are available on the web site.

I've never been to RC. My playground was Paragon back in my wheeling days. Did that in my KJ.

And as someone mentioned above, I'd be in for a Philly area meet and greet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm going to head to Pine Creek Valley (The PA Grand Canyon) this weekend for some camping with my daughter. Not a real challenging off-road adventure but off road nonetheless.

I'd be game for a day at Rausch Creek...I won't do anything with a high probability of damage, but I'd be up for a few of the easy ones to get my feet wet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let's get a trip together, a meet and greet to rausch creek in the next 6 months, I have been there before and with my cherokee and it was a great time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm another York County near the MD line!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hi all. I'm here in Aliquippa , near Pittsburgh airport. I'm seeing lots of cherokees on the road here , but yet to see another mango tango.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Douglassville, about 45 miles from downtown Philly.

BTW, the mango tango parked in front of the dealership is what sold us on the TH. We got the dark cherry, but I think I would have preferred the Mango. Wife's car tho, and she didn't like the "orange"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Philadelphia. I have the sport but I love the mango tango. Seems like theres a few out there but I've yet to see one

·
Registered
236 Posts
I seen two TH's on rt183 near Blue Marsh Lake on Sunday. One red and one Mango Tango. :wink:

·
Registered
148 Posts
I saw that Trailhawk at Wawa this morning!!
Must be someone that works there.

I usually stop there in the morning to get my breakfast and stuff.

I didn't have my Jeep today. In the shop for a noise in the B pilers.

I had my Yellow Mustang, but I did see it too.

I think I might have seen you around. I've noticed a silver cherokee riding around the area a few times.

I have a Black trail hawk.

81 - 100 of 136 Posts