2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel

About three days ago, I got the "Service Air Suspension" message on startup, and the car went to (and remains) at standard driving height.

It also lit up the "skid" light that indicates no traction control (not the one with OFF, but next to it).

It is definitely operating in RWD mode (donuts in the rain!).

So I picked up a scan tool to try and get the air suspension code, assuming that it was disabling traction control because of whatever failure was in the air suspension. The scan tool couldn't communicate with the air suspension controller at all (and it is a feature of this scan tool).

It also couldn't communicate with the transaxle control module.

So I checked under the driver's seat and everything in there looks pristine. I did what most people would do and just removed the two modules. The car started up and acted exactly like it did with both of them plugged in.

I don't have any open recalls for the wiring, so that has been taken care of.

Is there somewhere that the wiring for these modules goes through together that might have become disconnected somehow? I don't have a service manual to do the wire route check, and these cars are definitely too full of panels and "fit and finish" to try and trace it manually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Battery will be in for pick up tomorrow, but the air suspension is responding to up/down commands when parked, but is not doing the automatic park height or eco height at all, and still saying service suspension on startup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts