2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 2 months ago. Is has about 70,000km (42,000mi). I've already replaced the front struts and wheel bearings. Now I'm dealing with rattles and creaks in the body. There's a rattle or creak coming from the passenger side and it sounds like it's coming from either the front door latch or rear door hinge area. It's not the seatbelt strap and I've checked for any loose trim, etc. I read one post from an owner with the same issue, but there was no solution. The car looks to be in perfect condition. I had my mechanic check out the car and it has not been in an accident and the undercarriage is clean. I did a Carfax check and it has been serviced regularly and it also reported no issues. The dealer where I purchased has serviced it from new and they also said the car was in good condition. With replacing the struts, bearings and now the rattles, it seems like someone has driven the crap out it on a washboard road. Any recommendations for the rattle/creak on the passenger side?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just joined here after finding another users post about interior noises.

I have had my 2019 Cherokee Limited in 3x now for interior noises. The service tech rode with me 2 days ago and said it was the back seat against the interior panels. They supposedly adjusted the seat latch and said they no longer heard the noise. Funny enough, I still hear the noises. I already have a Jeep case open for this issue plus issues with the Uconnect radio / digital user interface. I've had that case open for over a year and it's been back 3 times for updates which never fix the problems. I wish I could lemon law this thing but I was told that if it never leaves me stranded then it pretty much does not qualify.

All of this is after I spent 14 month of constant issues with a Renegade that I finally traded in for a big loss to just get out of the issues. This Cherokee has had issues pretty much since I bought it too. :mad::mad:

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,267 Posts
I just joined here after finding another users post about interior noises.

I have had my 2019 Cherokee Limited in 3x now for interior noises. The service tech rode with me 2 days ago and said it was the back seat against the interior panels. They supposedly adjusted the seat latch and said they no longer heard the noise. Funny enough, I still hear the noises. I already have a Jeep case open for this issue plus issues with the Uconnect radio / digital user interface. I've had that case open for over a year and it's been back 3 times for updates which never fix the problems. I wish I could lemon law this thing but I was told that if it never leaves me stranded then it pretty much does not qualify.

All of this is after I spent 14 month of constant issues with a Renegade that I finally traded in for a big loss to just get out of the issues. This Cherokee has had issues pretty much since I bought it too. :mad::mad:
Hi sakustoms,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your vehicle ownership experience so far. If you have any future questions or require our additional assistance, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 3 of 3 Posts