2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
That is a good question, when I am on a steep hill in 4 low and the engine is running, I put the TH in Park and engage the EPB.
Then unfasten the seat belt and open the door and get out.
Sure don't want the TH rolling down the hill and leave me behind.
Hopefully my TH is smart enough to save me from my own stupidity? That would be a good thing.
There was somebody famous who got run over by his GC, FCA sure doesn't want that to happen again!
Yep... I'm a trekkie so I remember that well... :

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jef, welcome to the forum !

I have to first ask : you haven't opened your door while the Jeep is moving, have you ?
No I have not. Brought in in to the dealer yesterday and they blamed it on low oil pressure (which is crap).
My wife showed the service manager another blog forum site (not sure which one) where many other Jeep owners were having the same issue without resolution.
This could become a very serious and dangerous situation more than just an inconvenience

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
No I have not. Brought in in to the dealer yesterday and they blamed it on low oil pressure (which is crap).
My wife showed the service manager another blog forum site (not sure which one) where many other Jeep owners were having the same issue without resolution.
This could become a very serious and dangerous situation more than just an inconvenience
Thanks. And I agree. A little surprised we haven't seen more of it here, on the forum, if it is that prevalent. One of the many possilities would be a faulty door switch, because an open door triggers the e-brake.
Anyway, hope they find the root cause, soon. Keep us posted and maybe someone here has had this happen and will chime in.

·
Registered
674 Posts
There was somebody famous who got run over by his GC....
The “somebody famous” was Anton Yelchin of Star Trek. His Grand Cherokee didn’t run over him but pinned him against a wall due to a poorly designed shifter. An automatically engaging brake would have saved him. But, you can turn off the e-brake, at least you can on ‘19s.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
The “somebody famous” was Anton Yelchin of Star Trek. His Grand Cherokee didn’t run over him but pinned him against a wall due to a poorly designed shifter. An automatically engaging brake would have saved him. But, you can turn off the e-brake, at least you can on ‘19s.

Guess you missed post #41 ^^ ;)

Yeah the GC is a different animal.

·
FCA Customer Support Group
1,267 Posts
same thing happens with my 2018 jeep north. Parking brake engages while driving

Hi Jef,
If this continues to happen, I suggest you bring it to the attention of your dealer. Our team is happy to offer our support during your service, feel free to send us a private message once you have an appointment.

Kathryn
JeepCares

41 - 46 of 46 Posts