2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Park sense on my 2014 cherokee sport

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  XJ99 
#1 ·
I have the park sense button and when I press it the dashboard lights up and tells me whether its on or off. Why is it not automatically trying to park itself? What do I need to do for it too park itself rather than telling me it's on or off when I push the button.

#2 ·
The Park Sense is just beeps/display when you are getting too close when backing up (or forward on high end trims).
The Active Park Assist is the automatic system and is not available on the Sport trim.

#4 ·
you are backwards it says park sense because its sensing objects/distance for you in many cases if you are going to back into something it will apply the brakes..
but dont test this out and hit something :)

Active Park Assist (Which you dont have) is where it helps you parallel park.. since you dont have it why would it say park assist.

The button to turn off park sense is for various reasons.. for example when I am backing up with a trailer attached it will FREAK OUT.. and slam on the brakes thinking you are backing into something.. so you have to disable it when backing with trailer.

#5 ·
you are backwards it says park sense because its sensing objects/distance for you in many cases if you are going to back into something it will apply the brakes..
but dont test this out and hit something :)

Active Park Assist (Which you dont have) is where it helps you parallel park.. since you dont have it why would it say park assist.

The button to turn off park sense is for various reasons.. for example when I am backing up with a trailer attached it will FREAK OUT.. and slam on the brakes thinking you are backing into something.. so you have to disable it when backing with trailer.
Oh ok! That makes sense sorry for the confusion im a brand new jeep owner haha I thought park sense was where it parks itself and parking assist would be the automatic braking. Thank u for correcting me

#6 ·
LOL These days it is more than just driving a car. You need to read the manual before you can understand the features, and even then you get overwhelmed by all the 'If Equipped' statements.

Reactions: Flybynightcru
#12 ·
If you have them, I have only seen a warning and a display for the fronts when parking. Not sure if it would 'BRAKE' if such a warning is ignored...
I do know that in traffic, at speed, or when using adaptive cruise, the Jeep will brake for you...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.