2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

Rear panel on sunroof suddenly shattered while driving on the hwy near Banff, AB enroute to the coast. Sunroof closed, divided hwy, no vehicles in front within at least a couple hundred yards so wasn't a stone or any debris kicked up high and coming down on it. Tempered glass and the thing basically exploded leaving a double fisted size hole in the shattered panel. Good thing the headliner shade was closed as well or glass would have been all over the place. Anyone else have their sunroof spontaneously shatter?

:crying: Well today my sunroof shattered, owned my jeep for almost 2 months...... they are trying to tell me "there is no way there had to be an impact" I do want thank coming across this forum because I have copied and pasted a lot of information and at this time I have yet to hear if they are replacing yet???? Ughhhh

It was like a gun shot in my vehicle, both hands left the steering wheel cause first reaction was to block my ears, what a horrible experience...... Drove back to the dealership, going 40 with the hazards on and one hand holding the shade... 40 minutes!!!!!!! devastation !!!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Welcome, sorry to hear this mess, don't take any flack from the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a brand new jeep grand Cherokee limited x 2020. Had it 3 weeks and like everyone else. Wife was drivibg home from work. Nothing around and BAM. the front part of her sunroof shattered . She didn't know what the heck happened. We were guessing that something hit it. We didn't see anything but the broken glass. Then I read all these other ppl with the same issue. Holy cow. Going to dealer tomorrow and see what they will do for us. Most glass places around here didn't want to touch it. Dealer price 1000 bucks and 2weeks to get it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
We just bought a brand new jeep grand Cherokee limited x 2020. Had it 3 weeks and like everyone else. Wife was drivibg home from work. Nothing around and BAM. the front part of her sunroof shattered . She didn't know what the heck happened. We were guessing that something hit it. We didn't see anything but the broken glass. Then I read all these other ppl with the same issue. Holy cow. Going to dealer tomorrow and see what they will do for us. Most glass places around here didn't want to touch it. Dealer price 1000 bucks and 2weeks to get it.
Sorry to hear about your situation, but this site and posts are about Cherokees not Grand Cherokees

21 - 26 of 26 Posts