2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a check engine on my 2.4L Trailhawk 2014. I took it to dealer, since I had told them I thought it was an update they needed to perform that was a recall. They told me they thought that would solve the problem. I am out of warranty.
149k miles

I tried resetting the code with my reader and it stays off until the next day or 2. When the engine has not been started in several hours the check engine comes back. The temperature is hot, in the 80s but this happens on a cold start where the engine has been off for 12+hrs, etc. The only thing I notice the RPM cycles up a bit up to 2000 rpm a couple of times but I think this is not uncommon.

I tried replacing the aftermarket (autozone) camshaft sensor and same thing, it did remove the check engine (without me using the reader to reset it). But it comes back after a day or so.

Any ideas of what else I can do?

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Resuscitate this Post: p1cee code Seems to be where the REAL action is.
Searched, but can't find anything useful about P1CEE.
Maybe an authentic Mopar camshaft sensor would work better?
The Jeep dealer should be able to read and interpret the waveform of the signal coming from the camshaft sensor with a wiTECH2.
This should identify if the camshaft sensor works, if it does, then probably something else is at fault.

Being out of Warranty does not stop the dealer from doing a Recall for free.

See if this helps: Dodge Dart CODE P1CEE

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Resuscitate this Post: p1cee code Seems to be where the REAL action is.
Searched, but can't find anything useful about P1CEE.
Maybe an authentic Mopar camshaft sensor would work better?
The Jeep dealer should be able to read and interpret the waveform of the signal coming from the camshaft sensor with a wiTECH2.
This should identify if the camshaft sensor works, if it does, then probably something else is at fault.

Being out of Warranty does not stop the dealer from doing a Recall for free.

See if this helps: Dodge Dart CODE P1CEE
I was thinking of replacing camshaft sensor with mopar. That's actually why i mentioned the autozone brand. I did check all over the internet for that code, just conflicting info. I will replace with mopar sensor, a friend has a good autel reader, i'm going to try to use that one before i go to the dealer. I am pretty sure they will just insist on charging me 180 to check it but i don't see how they would really be sure since I did take it previously and they told me it looked like it was the recall

1 - 3 of 3 Posts