2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time since I bought my cherokee I was in the position to use my auto parallel park assist, part of the tech package. Well I learned real fast that it is calibrated for the normal cherokee tires, not 265/65/17 which are wider. It still worked mostly but not without scraping the sidewalls across the curb lol. Good thing I have offroad tires with big side lugs.

Unfortunately you can't change the configured tire size above 245/65/17 in the car's BCM.

Reactions: arudlang

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot that there is an official tool to recalibrate the camera/radar system which I believe would also affect the park assist. It may be possible (with a dealer willing to work with you) for them to adjust the calibration for the larger wheels, even though they can't actually change the tire size. I would need to ask a dealer about it.

Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 2.0L, w/factory tow, sunroof, technology group,
How well does the active parking assist work? I've got it, but only tried it once for a perpendicular spot and gave up when it tried to back in way off. It probably could have figured it out, and also could have been user error, but I didn't want to look like that guy who can't back up a vehicle, so I just did it myself, as it was in the DMV parking lot and there were a lot of people outside.

Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
It does work really well. It's tolerances are so much tighter than our eyes, it is a bit disconcerting, and you swear you are about to hit a nearby car... (but you don't, if you follow the commands)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts