2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone. I have a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk with 52k miles. I have taken it to the dealer everytime for oil changes. Decided to change it myself for the first time today and when underneath it I noticed one part that seemed to have dried oil all over it. Was hoping for a little bit of help with identifying this part and what I should do about it.

Thanks!
IMG_1837.jpg
IMG_1837.jpg

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
And the oil filter housing...😎

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,345 Posts
It is bone dry.
Well, that's good. I would probably clean it up with some brake cleaner, and a brush if necessary, and keep an eye on it. The fact that the oil residue is dry, is good...😎

·
Registered
343 Posts
Another area that could be seeping oil could be the pcv valve which is on the back side of engine drivers side. Mine was seeping there from the pcv valve and also the hose since the hose was brittle and not sealing well on my 2014. Replaced those and seeping stopped. If as stated the oil seems dried it could of just been a lazy oil tech that made a mess. Good call on doing your own oil changes. Will save you $$ over time and you get to use better oil and know its done right!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts