2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,500 Posts
Download an Inclinometer app to your phone, and pull up your gauges and boom, now you have everything that the offroad pages offer. A little ghetto, but functional, if it means that much to you...😉😎

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
554 Posts
Download an Inclinometer app to your phone, and pull up your gauges and boom, now you have everything that the offroad pages offer. A little ghetto, but functional, if it means that much to you...😉😎
Or download torque app and obd2aa and throw it on the uconnect display. Honestly, this is a way better option as you have many, many more gauges and layouts you can add.

Vehicle Automotive design Audio equipment Gas Technology

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
ORP would be really useful if it could use / save a navigation breadcrumb map that you could use to plan/retrace/save where you went. And even better to load to NAV or AppleCarplay/AndroidAuto, or export...
I had an older portable nav system (a Magellan, I think) that did that, and could interface with my iPaq, used on my mountain bike... 😁

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
554 Posts
ORP would be really useful if it could use / save a navigation breadcrumb map that you could use to plan/retrace/save where you went. And even better to load to NAV or AppleCarplay/AndroidAuto, or export...
I had an older portable nav system (a Magellan, I think) that did that, and could interface with my iPaq, used on my mountain bike... 😁
Gaia GPS will allow you to do that. It's even compatible with android auto so you can follow it while driving. That being said, I did notice you had to leave it open on your phone as well for it to track in real time. If not, it would update every few minutes, which caused me to have to back track to a few trails I missed until I realized it. That being said, it could have just been a setting on my phone.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
That's where one of these comes in handy...😎
Gadget Audio equipment Cameras & optics Camera accessory Communication Device

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,796 Posts
Gaia GPS will allow you to do that. It's even compatible with android auto so you can follow it while driving. That being said, I did notice you had to leave it open on your phone as well for it to track in real time. If not, it would update every few minutes, which caused me to have to back track to a few trails I missed until I realized it. That being said, it could have just been a setting on my phone.
Gaia has come a long way. If you have a Samsung, you might want to check into a bixby routine, have it start up whenever AA is connected/loaded...

·
Registered
554 Posts
I do have a Samsung, but I only use it when off-roading, so I just open it then.

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks

Had the dealer try and update the radio to try and get ORP. Radio would not update so they are ordering a new one under warranty. Will update when they get it and get it installed.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Sounds like the exact same problem I had. Got my new radio installed on Tuesday and they were able to update the new radio to 39.5. However, they could not figure out how to enable ORP.

Please let me know if your dealer figures it out and exactly how they did it if you can. Could also use some good screenshots if it's successful as my dealer didn't believe me that ORP works on the KL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
554 Posts
This is with alfa, but this is all I changed, and then did a proxy alignment and let it sit overnight. When I came back the next day, it worked for like 20 or 30 min and then asked me to activate my uconnect, which I didn't have, and then it removed it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
ORP would be really useful if it could use / save a navigation breadcrumb map that you could use to plan/retrace/save where you went.
I thought we already had that in Uconnect - Navigation - Trails?

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I thought we already had that in Uconnect - Navigation - Trails?
You do on your 2020. We were supposed to have them on our 2019's. It was supposed be part of the facelift update. They advertised them as standard equipment for the 2019+, but none of us have it...😎

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Ahh, did not know that.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Which module were you connected to (I'm guessing BCM?) and did you have to go through some specific group of settings/menus to get to that one?
Yes, body computer module, then car configuration change, then off-road pages. Then a proxy alignment after and let it sit for a while.

Reactions: Firehawk989

·
Registered
455 Posts
You do on your 2020. We were supposed to have them on our 2019's. It was supposed be part of the facelift update. They advertised them as standard equipment for the 2019+, but none of us have it...
I have trails on my 2019 so it depends what model you got think it’s probably part of the Elite package. That being said it’s pretty much very basic what you can do.
If you plan on doing off road you need a dedicated gps system with all the bells and whistles built in for laying down bread crumbs and is always active and logging where you’ve been until you physically delete the info. Capable of naming and editing trails, and capable of saving info to a saved route.
Impossible to get lost and is smart enough to know that if you turn of your vehicle it doesn’t lose the info like the built in Trails. Thank god for my Garmin.
It would take pages to explain all the functions just for tracking and using bread crumbs!!

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date May 2019

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have trails on my 2019 so it depends what model you got think it’s probably part of the Elite package. That being said it’s pretty much very basic what you can do.
If you plan on doing off road you need a dedicated gps system with all the bells and whistles built in for laying down bread crumbs and is always active and logging where you’ve been until you physically delete the info. Capable of naming and editing trails, and capable of saving info to a saved route.
Impossible to get lost and is smart enough to know that if you turn of your vehicle it doesn’t lose the info like the built in Trails. Thank god for my Garmin.
It would take pages to explain all the functions just for tracking and using bread crumbs!!

2019 Trailhawk Elite
Build date May 2019
Trails is part of the nav feature. I think many have that. This post is more for the off-road pages. It is under apps and does things like show gauges, and pitch, roll, and steering angles. There are several screen shots in this post from those of us who have got it to work (even if briefly). It really doesn't add much useful info though.

121 - 140 of 142 Posts