2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
101 - 120 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
554 Posts
You've got me wanting to try again. I need to update my Uconnect first. I currently have version 20.7 (I believe). I'm going to push for version 39, and then try again. It says I'm current online, so I'm going to try it manually from others files.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sadly for me being in Canada I'm unable to find the UCQ version of the 39.5 update file, otherwise I would do that part myself.

If you're in the states you can use the UAQ files posted in this thread, and the TSB says that you only have to be on 22.6 before you can go direct to 39.5, so no need to go through the process a whole bunch of times.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Sadly for me being in Canada I'm unable to find the UCQ version of the 39.5 update file, otherwise I would do that part myself.

If you're in the states you can use the UAQ files posted in this thread, and the TSB says that you only have to be on 22.6 before you can go direct to 39.5, so no need to go through the process a whole bunch of times.
Well dang, I guess I need to get to 22.6 first then. Lol

·
Registered
16 Posts

Hi, off road pages are in all uconnect firmware versions, I am pretty sure. Because after every uconnect version upgrade process, on very first boot up, I saw many some sort of script messages "Installing xxxxxx". Attached screens from 34.2.0 version. but I saw the same and on 22.6 or below.

Gadget Motor vehicle Display device Multimedia Electronic device

Plant Audio equipment Gadget Vehicle Technology

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if the GC/Wrangler version has been there for a long time, but seems to me they would have had to create new images and settings and such for the KL version, since the drivetrain is different than the GC or the Wrangler of course.

I guess the million $ question is how long has the KL version existed?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Took about all day, but I finally got to 39.5. I was like 5 or 6 versions behind. I enabled and reran thr proxy alignment, but still not there. I try again a few times for the next few days to see if it pops up, and double check the off road pages settings in alfa to make sure I didn't hit the wrong button when enabling.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One other thing I've heard from people who have ORP but it disappears, is that sometimes it gets placed on a non-existent 3rd app Page. Push and hold one of your 2nd page apps and drag it to the right edge of the page to create a new one. See if it shows up there.

·
Registered
554 Posts
One other thing I've heard from people who have ORP but it disappears, is that sometimes it gets placed on a non-existent 3rd app Page. Push and hold one of your 2nd page apps and drag it to the right edge of the page to create a new one. See if it shows up there.
I've heard that as well and tried that. I'm going to let it sit overnight and let the radio go into deep sleep. Then I'll take a look at it again to see if I can find any other settings that seem off.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I've heard that as well and tried that. I'm going to let it sit overnight and let the radio go into deep sleep. Then I'll take a look at it again to see if I can find any other settings that seem off.
Well, I'm actually surprised, but after letting it sit overnight, offroad pages was in my apps folder and works.

·
Registered
554 Posts
One thing I have noticed is thr pitch and roll doesn't look calibrated correctly. Not sure if it will reset after a sleep cycle.
Automotive design Vehicle Gadget Personal luxury car Vehicle audio

·
Registered
554 Posts
Also, it really does not show much useful info. The gauge cluster is the only decent thing, but I can get most that and a lot more with obd2aa, and the trans temp and oil temp I can get on the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Another interesting bit, while driving, I got a pop-up that said I was using a connected service and I had to activate. I don't have an active uconnect service, and then the offroad pages went away. Looks like it might require turning off LTE as well to keep it from calling out, or maybe just needing a uconnect active account. Maybe I'll try for a free trial to see if it works, or most likely I'll just not worry with it and see if it pops up again after a sleep cycle.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice that you actually got it working, even if not perfectly!

I know it's mostly a gimmick on our KLs, but I'm a nerd and I like those sorts of things. Mostly I want the pitch and roll gauges as something interesting to look at while wheeling, and that gauge cluster would probably also be useful if towing.

Interesting news for me too. Dealer said my 39.5 update wouldn't work, so they are ordering me a new radio under warranty. Hopefully that one comes with 39.5 pre-installed.

The plot thickens.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Map Title 08-033-21 (nhtsa.gov)

Hey guys I found the link for the TSB that was mentioned in page 3 of this thread. This link is straight from the nhtsa official website.

Also has anyone actually gone to the dealer and got this done and succeeded in obtaining off-rad pages with this method?
That is more or less what I did myself and I got it to work. However, it is no longer working. You need an active uconnect/guardian account. Mine was working for like 10 minutes, and then I got a popup that said I had to activate my account. Since I did not have an active account, it went away. I thought about seeing if I could get a free trial since I bought it used, but haven't really looked into it yet. Overall though, its really not that useful and probably not worth paying for the subscription if you are not already using it. Also the roll and tilt didn't work. Not really sure why, and didn't get a chance to troubleshoot before it removed itself. Honestly though, if you are using an android phone, OBD2aa (or aawireless if you also want the wireless android auto) can stream torque app to the head unit and has way more options for different gauges.

Reactions: AZJeeper

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm attempting to go the dealer route so presumably they can work out all the kinks involved. So far I'm waiting on a new radio though, since mine apparently wouldn't accept the 39.5 update. Dealer is replacing it under warranty.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update:

Dealer installed the new radio under warranty and successfully updated it to SW version 39.5. However, they couldn't figure out how to enable the ORP option. I guess I'll just have to find someone near me who has AlfaOBD and buy them some beer to enable it for me. :D

The new radio came with a free trial of all the connected services, so hopefully I can enable ORP and it will stick.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Update:

Dealer installed the new radio under warranty and successfully updated it to SW version 39.5. However, they couldn't figure out how to enable the ORP option. I guess I'll just have to find someone near me who has AlfaOBD and buy them some beer to enable it for me. :D

The new radio came with a free trial of all the connected services, so hopefully I can enable ORP and it will stick.
If you have alfaobd, it's not hard. If you are using android, you can download the apk and install it yourself outside of the play store. I did that for a while until I actually started making changes. It was an older version and 50 dollars was worth not running the risk of having a bad copy. I still haven't looked into trying to get a free trial to see if it comes back. It really is more of a cool trick to see if you can get it to work vs actually being of much use.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have alfaobd, it's not hard. If you are using android, you can download the apk and install it yourself outside of the play store. I did that for a while until I actually started making changes. It was an older version and 50 dollars was worth not running the risk of having a bad copy. I still haven't looked into trying to get a free trial to see if it comes back. It really is more of a cool trick to see if you can get it to work vs actually being of much use.
Yeah I don't have Alfa OBD or a proper scan tool or a security bypass module. And I'm not going to fork out the hundreds of dollars for all those things just to get ORP working. However I would gladly give someone who already has all those things some beers or WHY for their trouble!

I'm fine with the software side of things and the mechanical part, (I install and service electron microscopes for a living) I just don't have the right tools for the job unfortunately.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I gave up on this happening years ago, this is my third KL since 2014. Either way now this is s my LAST JEEP Product.
I can't tolerate being lied too and deceived. This was advertised as late 2018 or 2019 in the sales brochure.

101 - 120 of 142 Posts