2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
They don't have specific radios for each model.
They just load the most current build software on the uConnect, it wouldn't matter what vehicle it is going into. Upgrading already sold radios is a different story.
AFAIK, There will be a 2022 Cherokee...
Everyone on here said there wasn't going to be a 2022? :unsure:
Soooo, same Uconnect just a software upgrade? Why
can't they upgrade the 2019 to a 2021???

Reactions: skwormin

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,500 Posts
Everyone on here said there wasn't going to be a 2022? :unsure:
Soooo, same Uconnect just a software upgrade? Why
can't they upgrade the 2019 to a 2021???
See this:
I think @MUEngineer08 dispelled this rumor in another thread, he saw 2022 planning for the Cherokee, and future 2024 for a KM:
As for the software, there may be some kernel changes to the current uConnect that made it feasible (possibly on a ROM chip), these wouldn't be as easy to roll out post production.

Reactions: XJ99 and skwormin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Finally i turned on Off road pages. As I posted earlier ORP app is already sitting in uconnect system, just need to enable. I have cherokee LIMITED 2019 y model. Currently uconnect has latest 39.5 version from MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher ([email protected] / gasolio). if somebody needs more details, I can try to post required steps how to enable off road pages app. But keep in mind that you need to have some obd/electronic/soldering skills, or you can by required cabels etc(talking about alfaobd program).
Sorry for the pictures, havent cleaned touch screen yet, after all manipulations :)

Communication Device Hood Telephony Audio equipment Motor vehicle

Automotive lighting Gadget Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Display device Multimedia

Hood Font Gadget Gas Audio equipment

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Finally i turned on Off road pages. As I posted earlier ORP app is already sitting in uconnect system, just need to enable. I have cherokee LIMITED 2019 y model. Currently uconnect has latest 39.5 version from MyDrive - Ihr Schweizer Online-Speicher ([email protected] / gasolio). if somebody needs more details, I can try to post required steps how to enable off road pages app. But keep in mind that you need to have some obd/electronic/soldering skills, or you can by required cabels etc(talking about alfaobd program).
Sorry for the pictures, havent cleaned touch screen yet, after all manipulations :)
Of COURSE we want to know! Let us be the judge of how much we want to tear into our equipment! If nothing else it would be quite educational.

Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Actually there is nothing special if you have used alfaobd application(it is NOT free)
So, hardware I have used:
Bluetooth elm327 1.5v
Homemade FCA Security Gateway Bypass Module -> You can by something like this
Homemade "BLUE" cable adapter (for me this one was a surprise, when got a popup to use this "blue" cable in the middle of proxy alignment process) -> also you can by, how it looks.
Documentation about those cables, BLUE is ADAPTER CABLE 5

By the way, android application doesnt have "Off road pages" option, or I didnt found it, so I used windows alfaobd app
Connect to body computer
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software
Go to Active diagnostic -> Car configuration changes -> in Find settings write "page" -> select orp
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software
Select Preset -> Start (dont remember if there was Next button)
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

When completed. open Proxy aligment ->Start -> Next
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Software
And here fun/horror starts. In the middle of the process, will pop up a dialog asking to
Trun off ignition
Connect "BLUE" adapter cabel, in the cable connect elm(or other) obd adapter
Turn to Run (NOT Acc, I used Acc at first and ****ed up everything)
Wait till all settles down
Press Ok on that dialog.

After couples of seconds should continue "aligment" process. If everything is successful turn off everything close the car and can go to calm the nerves. (I have returned to the car after ~ 10 minutes, radio was playing but touch screen and all system was lagging, return after 1 hour i guess, after this time, Off road pages was alive)

BLUE cable needs for proxy aligment, and connect to couple other ECU's. If you want to delete errors, blue cable is not required.
Hope it is clear:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
So, seems like we still can't do this on 2020s then, since we can't use AlfaOBD, right? Fun. It's absolutely ridiculous that someone has to go to such lengths to enable what should be a factory feature.

Sweet you got it to work, though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
this is my hardware. (damn I broke color rule, only red color socket was available today to buy :))
Circuit component Electrical wiring Cable Composite material Electrical supply Sleeve Bag Gadget Wrist Electrical wiring

Security module is behind uconnect radio. need to remove it, disconnect fca security module and connect bypass module
My security bypass jumpers :)
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Reflex camera Cameras & optics Automotive exterior

·
Registered
15 Posts
So, seems like we still can't do this on 2020s then, since we can't use AlfaOBD, right? Fun.

Sweet you got it to work, though!
Not sure why you think so ? Because of model selection in drop down "CHEROKEE (KL) MY2014>" ? I think this means 2014 and obove.

You can try just to connect/read status on your car with alfa. no need any hack. All hacks needs if you want to write/delete

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not sure why you think so ? Because of model selection in drop down "CHEROKEE (KL) MY2014>" ? I think this means 2014 and obove.

You can try just to connect/read status on your car with alfa. no need any hack. All hacks needs if you want to write/delete
I thought 2020+ had some additional restrictions on what can be modified with AlfaOBD, but maybe I'm misremembering.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
@mariuslt, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but you have the 8.4C with Nav, right? Thinking this won't work with the 8.4 (no Nav), but maybe I'm wrong?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Also noted two things I missed before. @mariuslt is an obvious tinkerer judging from his user icon, and he is from Lithuania judging from his associated flag. So 1) obviously advanced skills in tinkering and 2) probably has a Euro model of the Cherokee which is most likely different from the North American version.

Reactions: DigitalCherokeeDC

·
Registered
15 Posts
@mariuslt, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but you have the 8.4C with Nav, right? Thinking this won't work with the 8.4 (no Nav), but maybe I'm wrong?
yes I have nav version. But as a programmer guess, nav vs not nav should not be a difference for off road pages. but this just a guess. And just thinking, any dealer should be able to do with official software. This is just one "check box"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also noted two things I missed before. @mariuslt is an obvious tinkerer judging from his user icon, and he is from Lithuania judging from his associated flag. So 1) obviously advanced skills in tinkering and 2) probably has a Euro model of the Cherokee which is most likely different from the North American version.
yes I am from Lithuania. My cherokee is imported from US after small accident. I bought restored, so I am nothing close to cars tuning or fixing.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
432 Posts
I found the offroad pages in the android version of alfaobd. I have a sgw bypass on the way, so once I get it I'll give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
Hope it works for you but don't hold your breath it likely won't do anything. The WK2 crowd has tried the same thing but it usually doesn't work. It has to do with radio software version. For the few that have got it done it was more involved than AlfaOBD. But fingers crossed

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hope it works for you but don't hold your breath it likely won't do anything. The WK2 crowd has tried the same thing but it usually doesn't work. It has to do with radio software version. For the few that have got it done it was more involved than AlfaOBD. But fingers crossed
If it works l, it works, if not, oh well. I can get what I want using obd2aa. I also went ahead and ordered a better Bluetooth adapter. I was using a super cheap one, and ordered the obdlink mx+. Mainly hoping for faster data link. Also, as far as the proxy alignment, what option do you select to start it? I went ahead and created the backup, but wasn't sure how to actually run it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Disregard my question on proxy alignment, I was looking in wrong menu.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks. I accidently went to the proxy tools the first time.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts