2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off Road Pages Update for pre 2021 models. When and if Off Roads Pages are available for
pre 2021 models this is the thread for info.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If they ever release them I'll be one of the first to post here. Till then don't hold your breath waiting. Just another marketing ploy if ya ask me.

·
Registered
676 Posts
uh why was it a good idea to start a thread about something there is no update on..
fake news? Makes it seem like there is actually an update???
"Off Road Pages Update for pre 2021 models."

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
uh why was it a good idea to start a thread about something there is no update on..
fake news? Makes it seem like there is actually an update???
Please, carefully read the first post in this thread.
When and if Off Roads Pages are available for
pre 2021 models this is the thread for info.
There are two threads discussing the same subject. The first thread "2021 Cherokee order guide" has pictures posted a month ago of a 2021 with Off Road Pages. The second thread has people doubting the existence of the Pages until pictures were posted today on that thread. It's an attempt to consolidate Off Road Pages info for buyers of new 2021s and if a pre 2021 update will be available.

I added three extra words to the title to help alleviate confusion.

·
Registered
676 Posts
When I was looking at my 2019 it said it would have offroad pages too? I will be really pissed if 2021 have it and they dont give the 2019+ an update.

Wondering where the lawsuit is for this anyway so i can join the class action.
it was one of the reasons I wanted to upgrade from my 2017.. the other major one being the 2.0T engine.

Also still not sure why we preemptively need an update thread when there is no update.

Might be a good idea for a Rant thread though

"Rant thread for when people want to Rant about something in the future"

Thank you for changing the topic title though.. that makes it less fake news looking.

·
Registered
677 Posts
There are two threads discussing the same subject.
I did a Google search for "Off Road Pages" on the site "Jeep Cherokee Club" and found 160 threads. So what's one more?

·
Registered
168 Posts
OK here it is...the official 2021 Cherokee Trailhawk DOES include off road pages! Here are some pics..

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
168 Posts
Now since the 2021 still uses the 4C Nav 8.4 and no change was made to the head unit, why the hell are they not releasing this for us 2019-2020 people?
@JeepCares where are our off road pages that were promised 2 years ago? One simple update to enable our 2019-2020 Trailhawks is all we are asking for.
I went through this new Trailhawk completely and there is no change between a 2019-2020 model to this one. Everything is exactly the same. Head unit is same part # as my 2019. There are no new part # for anything! Its simply a 2019 built for 2021. So quit being so lazy and deliver the off-road pages please!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I asked a question in the Electronics, Audio, and lighting forums.
Can someone with a 2021 with Off Road Pages check what version of the software is loaded.
I have a 2019 and have Software version 18.20.2e which I believe is the latest for the 4C NAV

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
677 Posts
I asked a question in the Electronics, Audio, and lighting forums.
Can someone with a 2021 with Off Road Pages check what version of the software is loaded.
I have a 2019 and have Software version 18.20.2e which I believe is the latest for the 4C NAV

Thanks in Advance

View attachment 212461
I believe you'll have to check both the SW and HW part numbers. It looks like the HW P/Ns changed in 2021 so the SW might not be compatible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I believe the software will be compatible with the pre 2021 4C-NAV unit. What I see is a few screens added ( to the existing software program )
That's why I'm asking.
"Can someone with a 2021 with Off Road Pages check what version of the software is loaded."

I have a 2019 model Trailhawk and have Software version 18.20.2e which I believe is the latest for the 4C NAV released to date.

·
Registered
94 Posts
how can we find out?

I have a 2020 TH, can't figure out where to look for my Uconnect NAV version.

I want this upgrade!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone should contact Jeep Cares with this update question. When I enquired about the extra weight of the sun roof it took about a week to get a response.

·
Registered
83 Posts
skwormin
Here's what I posted in electronics section go there for more info and pictures:
See red text

If you have a chance, post the Software versions in your 4C_NAV for those of us still waiting on the Late 2019 release.
My 2019 Trailhawk has:
Software Version 18.20.2e
App Version USA-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V ( Maybe the Map Version )

Thanks

To get to this information, Hold in the Driver's side up and down temperature buttons with the front defrost. ( All 3 ) for 5-10 seconds

·
Registered
802 Posts
Well, I don't have the NAV in my '19, so I guess I'm just SOL anyway. :rolleyes:

Reactions: skwormin

·
Registered
94 Posts
skwormin
Here's what I posted in electronics section go there for more info and pictures:
See red text

If you have a chance, post the Software versions in your 4C_NAV for those of us still waiting on the Late 2019 release.
My 2019 Trailhawk has:
Software Version 18.20.2e
App Version USA-IR-21.9.0-20180516-109V ( Maybe the Map Version )

Thanks

To get to this information, Hold in the Driver's side up and down temperature buttons with the front defrost. ( All 3 ) for 5-10 seconds

·
Registered
677 Posts
As I suspected, different hardware part numbers. One can hope they are compatible, but I'll bet not.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Someone should contact Jeep Cares with this update question. When I enquired about the extra weight of the sun roof it took about a week to get a response.
I messaged them on twitter

Reactions: PunkTexas

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
After having the opportunity to play around with a 2021 TH (picked one up for my parents) the offroad pages is pretty much a joke. It displays an inclimeter, bur everything else it does is already displayed through the EVIC in the middle of the dash. It doesn't show anything fancy like power distribution or anything like that. I wouldn't be too worried if the earlier models don't get it.

I was looking forward to seeing power transfer since I can see that in AlfaOBD but again nothing like that there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts