2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My odometer started flashing at about 53k miles. I have a 2019 Cherokee Limited. I bought out my lease a little while back and added the Certification to it so I'd be covered.

Jeep dealer says it's the forward facing camera behind the rear mirror. And it's NOT covered??? How can that be possible? However, if I was still under 3/36 coverage it WOULD be covered. I thought that the certified extended warranty covers components that are covered by Jeep out til the end of the warranty term?

I'm on hold with Jeep customer service While typing this. If I have to pay for this- at my sister dealership (I work at Toyota) I'm going to go over there and have words with Finance and the Sales Manager. This is BS!!!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,082 Posts
Its because you are under powertrain warranty. The flashing odometer means you need to have a proxy alignment. However, if the front facing camera module is out, you will need to fix that before it can successfully complete the proxy alignment. I think the dealer charges like 200ish just for an alignment. You can do yourself, but would need to spend about the same amount for the hardware, and have the knowledge to do it.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,402 Posts
On a CPO you have 3000 mile/3months bumper to bumper, 100000/7years powertrain.
If you exceeded the 3/3 when you had the ODO error, you are just under the powertrain piece... :cool:
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Parallel

Reactions: Leems
1 - 5 of 5 Posts