2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,.
Was aiming at a New battery, had trouble Starting once or twice. Today i manage to get a hold on a obd scan. These are the codes. Seems Throttle related.

It didnt remote start this morning on the 1st try, did start on 2nd attempt. I went to the gaz station and after filling, took like 4 try. Had check engine after that.

Can IT still be cause by the battery?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Bad battery can have many weird issues.

if its an actual fault I'd start with the throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hi to all,.
Was aiming at a New battery, had trouble Starting once or twice. Today i manage to get a hold on a obd scan. These are the codes. Seems Throttle related.

It didnt remote start this morning on the 1st try, did start on 2nd attempt. I went to the gaz station and after filling, took like 4 try. Had check engine after that.

Can IT still be cause by the battery? View attachment 212492 View attachment 212493 View attachment 212494
I'm putting my money on the battery. Get it load tested properly. Your friendly neighborhood auto parts store will do it for free...

Reactions: Leems

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
Hi to all,.

Can IT still be cause by the battery?
Salut,

As others have mentionned, replace the battery first, if it is the original. Batteries don't last long in these Cherokees. I replaced mine after 3.5 years in my 2015 North (V6).

Since you have the 2.4L, OEM battery is group 48/H6 regular flooded. I would suggest you go for the bigger V6 battery, which is a group 94R/H7 AGM : the bigger AGM will give you longer life and more power/reserve capacity. Your Jeep's battery tray is designed for the bigger battery, so no worries it fits perfect.

In Canada the 94R/H7 AGMs are quite a bit more expensive than flooded group 48 batteries though... so if you don't plan on keeping the Jeep another 5 years, then maybe just a regular group 48/H6 would do, like this one at Walmart :

Or Canadian Tire :

Or Costco with their Kirkland Signature H6 for $140.

·
Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
342 Posts
I have a '15 TH and replaced the battery in the spring of '18. A faulty battery can make the vehicle do some weird things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts