2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello this is my first time posting here, I have 2015 jeep Cherokee limited, once I start driving after 5 minutes, the center console, radio turns off, and a battery symbol comes up as well as no bus, I already checked fuses but still doesn’t work, any advice?
Black Sleeve Automotive design Font Technology

· Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,384 Posts
You are going to need to pull codes. The since I don't see your check engine light, you need at least a decent reader to be able to pull it. I would go ahead and have the battery checked just to rule that out, but its also possible the IBS went out. I know you get a battery light when you unplug it, but I can't remember if you get a no bus message as well.

· Registered
13,166 Posts
I had the same issue. I ended up getting a new AGM H7 battery and I also changed out the IBS (Intelligent Battery Sensor) which is on the positive battery terminal. All my electrical issues went away.
The IBS is at the negative connector,

Were your issues the same ? ''NO BUS'' as well ?

· Registered
13,166 Posts
Read on a Wrangler forum there was an issue a few years back with the steering column clock spring, causing similar issues. Yeah codes would be nice..

· Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4
116 Posts
Hello this is my first time posting here, I have 2015 jeep Cherokee limited, once I start driving after 5 minutes, the center console, radio turns off, and a battery symbol comes up as well as no bus, I already checked fuses but still doesn’t work, any advice? View attachment 221660
You lost connection to your canbus no code reader will help you take to dealership. But before some things to check are on your modules specifically the ecm check the connections check your ground cable too. If ground is good I’d be looking at why you lost can controls and that is out of a lot of guys hands here that’s dealer level stuff

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,246 Posts
It does seen intermittent in that all is fine until the vehicle has been operating for '5 minutes' and then the issue. Sounds like either a connection (vibration, loose, heat, corrosion, etc.) problem or the battery sensor and the vehicle is turning off what it believes it doesn't 'need'. Vehicle operation is otherwise good, right?

· Registered
2015 Cherokee Trailhawk
1,246 Posts
Silly question time: does this happen only when the engine is running and not if the key fob is in the 'on' position or the same in both cases?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts