2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Newbie Here!!
I bought a 2018 Jeep Latitude for my daughter and her family. I thought it was nice. They were at my home and it would not start, thank God I have an extra I do not drive to get them home. So the issue is the key fob...it will lock/unlock, open the lift gate and disarm the alarm. The end of the keyfob will not start it. It continues to say, "key fob not detected", "remote start disabled, restart vehicle" "push Brake + Engine Start", nothing works. It will not leave the "off" position. I understand most vehicles have a compartment for the key fob which helps the vehicle detect it, I have not found one in the Latitude yet. Some vehicles have tricks to disarm or reset the immobilizer, ie hit the lock and liftgate at the same time, or push the unlock key while walking around the vehicle, all types of craziness, but I have no luck with this Latitude key fob. I have changed the battery 3 times, I have taken the key fob to the dealership they have a "contraption" that said nothing was wrong with the chip in the key fob, so that would mean I am definitely doing something wrong. Please help! Thank you

·
Registered
87 Posts
I read that you can take one end of the key fob and press it on the start/stop button if the button will not work when you press it. So otherwise instead of using your finger..just hold the fob and push it against the button to see if it starts. I did read you said the end of the keyfob will not start it but not sure exactly what you meant and if you tried this already..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Newbie Here!!
I bought a 2018 Jeep Latitude for my daughter and her family. I thought it was nice. They were at my home and it would not start, thank God I have an extra I do not drive to get them home. So the issue is the key fob...it will lock/unlock, open the lift gate and disarm the alarm. The end of the keyfob will not start it. It continues to say, "key fob not detected", "remote start disabled, restart vehicle" "push Brake + Engine Start", nothing works. It will not leave the "off" position. I understand most vehicles have a compartment for the key fob which helps the vehicle detect it, I have not found one in the Latitude yet. Some vehicles have tricks to disarm or reset the immobilizer, ie hit the lock and liftgate at the same time, or push the unlock key while walking around the vehicle, all types of craziness, but I have no luck with this Latitude key fob. I have changed the battery 3 times, I have taken the key fob to the dealership they have a "contraption" that said nothing was wrong with the chip in the key fob, so that would mean I am definitely doing something wrong. Please help! Thank you
Same happened to me. Did you solve your problem. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts