2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I just traded in my 2013 Subaru Crosstrek for a 2017 Trailhawk with a V6. Love the extra power, comfortable seats and additional amenities. The ride is really smooth around the rough roads in Alaska! I just got some studded winter tires and look forward to seeing how it handles in the snow and ice. I enjoy reading all the forums seeing what others have experienced.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Welcome to JCC and congrats on your new-to-you TH...

I'm not in Alaska, but living in the "Lake Effect" Snowbelt in NE Ohio, it can feel like Alaska at times. We can get 12" of snow in a few hours, and all I can say is that my 2014 TH is, by far, the best vehicle I've ever driven in the snow (and this is with the factory Destination A/T's). I think that you are going to be impressed with the Jeep's capabilities in the snow...

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Tried climbing a small snow packed power line trail incline on my Tree Farm in Maryland and didn't get very far.
Locked up all 4 wheels when I stopped and slid back down, it was pretty scary.
I suggest chains on all 4 wheels. Check the Owner's Manual for what size tires to use.
High centered on snow trying to back out of my carport, didn't even get out of the carport, and got stuck.
Had to dig the snow out from under the TH. Can't get very far when the wheels don't touch the ground.
Currently have Bridgestone Blizzaks, but I don't think they will work much better, I am afraid to try.
Maybe a snow mobile?
My red neck buddy uses chains on all 4 wheels on an old 4WD Ford F150, seems to work for him.
Let me know what works, snow around here is more of a nuisance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So after purchasing some winter studded tires and driving a full winter on Alaskan roads, I'm happy to report my TH has handled the terrain very well...
I'm very pleased with the rugged and yet comfortable way it handles on icey unplowed and often deep snow roads...No ditch diving, or getting stuck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts