2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new to me 2014 Cherokee Latitude V6 ADII 4x4 since someone decided to destroy my wifes Traverse and she stole my Impala. I am planning on doing some mild off-roading with it but nothing H-D too hard-core I will break out the Old Grand Cherokee. I would have liked a TH (due to the lockers) but could only find a I4. I am wondering what y'all would do first to make this more trail worthy. Thinking skid plates first.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Tires, hands down. Rocky Road Outfitters has skid plates planned to be tested and released sometime in the next 6 months or so, but if you just can't wait you can get factory ones and theyll fit just fine.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
And lift it ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Take it back and get a TH!!! Ok, my opinion but the previous posts are correct!

Also Welcome!!!

Reactions: Xinarin13

·
Super Moderator
7,352 Posts
Tires, skid plates and, depending on where you go, rails. Does it have the tow group? Nice to have at least one recovery point....Welcome to JCC

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Welcome to JCC and congrats on your new ride...

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice looking KL. Enjoy the new ride (to you).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks would have liked a TH but the only one I could find was a 4 cyl. and that wasn't happening. The other TH were way out of my price range like 8-9000 more expensive. This was 20,000 for a '14 with a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty so this is what I had to settle for but it will do fine. If I am heavy duty off roading I will grab my '99 Grand and beat the heck out of it. Lift wise I have yet to see any but on this forum and those are hard to find info on. Tires big time need to go though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts