2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all fellow Jeepers. My name is Jeff, I am new to owning a Jeep. I've always wanted a Jeep, and finally got one! This is also my first vehicle. I bought a used '14 KL v6 limited with active drive II, and I'm pretty sure it has every option available in this thing. It only has 132km on it, which I thought was good for how old it is. I don't have any issues with it at all thus far. :) I've put the VIN# through to check for recalls and it has had all the ones asked to be done, done. I am really enjoying the Jeep, as it does everything I need to at the moment. It seems like the perfect vehicle for camping and fishing.

I guess really the only downfall of me buying it used is that it came from Quebec, where they use lots of salt in winter. So the Aluminum Alloy rims have taken a beating and don't look so nice.

Does anybody have any recommendations for some nice looking rims on a KL body? I was thinking black rims. The colour of my Jeep is eco green / sage brush.

Also, is it just me or this a rarer colour? I live in southern Ontario, and have yet to see this colour on any other Jeep.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hello all fellow Jeepers. My name is Jeff, I am new to owning a Jeep. I've always wanted a Jeep, and finally got one! This is also my first vehicle. I bought a used '14 KL v6 limited with active drive II, and I'm pretty sure it has every option available in this thing. It only has 132km on it, which I thought was good for how old it is. I don't have any issues with it at all thus far. :) I've put the VIN# through to check for recalls and it has had all the ones asked to be done, done. I am really enjoying the Jeep, as it does everything I need to at the moment. It seems like the perfect vehicle for camping and fishing.

I guess really the only downfall of me buying it used is that it came from Quebec, where they use lots of salt in winter. So the Aluminum Alloy rims have taken a beating and don't look so nice.

Does anybody have any recommendations for some nice looking rims on a KL body? I was thinking black rims. The colour of my Jeep is eco green / sage brush.

Also, is it just me or this a rarer colour? I live in southern Ontario, and have yet to see this colour on any other Jeep.
Welcome from Utah!!! Congrats on the new Limited!!! I think the Eco Green was pretty rare, as is Olive Green which is what my Trailhawk is. That's why I wanted that color, and it took a while to find one. As for the wheels, if it were me, I'd find a set of 17" black painted Trailhawk wheels. I can't remember the name, but there is a Canadian company that makes them for a pretty fair price for Canadians. I think it's Repika Wheels. I checked into them, and they were pretty pricey to import to the US at the time, and US dealers were scarce, and also pricey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very beautiful, wish I had trailhawk edition... but also can't complain as this is my first vehicle. I will use this as my learning jeep over the next few years, and get a bigger badder better Jeep haha!

Those tires look nice. I want to get a/t tires.
But my ride came with brand new all seasons.... so I don't know if I should wait till I need new tires, or is there trade options lol? Again I'm very new at owning a vehicle. Or try and sell them??

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's a great first car. It will take you anywhere you need to go in just about any conditions. Keep us posted on all your upgrades in the future. I'll see you around the forum. Stick around, and you will learn a lot about your Cherokee around here...
Scott

1 - 7 of 7 Posts