2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found another near us:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/ORV/home.aspx

The Trail will be the first-ever ORV Trail on department lands designed specifically for ORV enthusiasts. Features will include:

A campsite specifically designed to support ORV riders, with large parking areas;
A family-friendly area with children's trail loops within the campground area;
Single-track hare-scramble style trail sections for motorcycles;
Technical trail spur loops for all-terrain vehicles; and,
A full-size rock crawl area for four-wheel drive vehicles.

It does require a day-pass for playing.

@MarinR00 @HazzardSky @Rojhan @RegalTraveler @sjalkian

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reaching out to them for details, it says we need to have our vehicles registered as an ORV vehicle (Out of state people need to do it, MVA registered vehicles don't.). As well as purchase a non-parking Day Pass.

Getting some clarification on total cost and fees.

· Registered
74 Posts
That place looks pretty sweet. Looks like you could probably ride a mountain bike on these trails as well. Count me interested. Great find James!!

Sarkis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gravitywell

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Video of the "Rock Garden" trail:

Still waiting for a reply to my questions. I haven't been able to find much of a review or report from the trail. Trying to see if it's worth the time and money and effort of going out there.

Easier for me, since I have family out in that direction. :)

· Super Moderator
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for the delay...

Annual ORV registration for Maryland is $10.

1 day pass for St. John's Rock ORV trail without parking pass is $9. However if you add 1 parking to it, it's the same price.

Product Description

Purchase Camping Reservations and Daily Use Permits for St. John's Rock ORV Trail. _____________________________________________
Daily Use Permits are required to use the St. John's Rock ORV Trail. Permits are available WITH or WITHOUT Parking. Parking is available for either TRAILER or NON-TRAILER parking spaces. No refunds are available for Daily Use Permits.
Camping reservations INCLUDE Daily Use Permits. Large (Group) Campsites include four Daily Use Permits, and Small (Individual) Campsites include two Daily Use Permits. Refunds may be available per DNR policy (please see http://dnr.maryland.gov/forests/Pages/orv/home.aspx#reservation for more details).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.