2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally pulled the trigger and did it on Betsy. Had the windshield strip redone. Had 5 percent put over the factory back window tint and finally got my green headlights done. What do you guys think?
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
770 Posts
I finally pulled the trigger and did it on Betsy. Had the windshield strip redone. Had 5 percent put over the factory back window tint and finally got my green headlights done. What do you guys think?
I think those headlights are illegal for anything but off road use. Good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
48 Posts
Hope you don't run across to many color blind people. They may not see you. And as mentions the green is probably illegal . Good luck you're probably going to attract a lot of attention.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
I think those headlights are illegal for anything but off road use. Good luck!
Those look like retrofit projectors, possibly HID, with an RGB LED customization. Are those illegal ? I have no idea what the law says on RGB in headlights, if you use that in the daytime only... with of course regular HIDs at night type thing.

Not sure this would be legal where I live, but headlight regulations are so ridiculous and outdated, who knows...

·
Registered
399 Posts
In my state, you're only allowed to show amber or white light from the front of the vehicle...amber or red from the rear. Green light is reserved for forest service vehicles or law enforcement command vehicles. Showing green on a personal vehicle will definitely result in a ticket here.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
I know most of the local cops so far they all said they like it. We'll see when I go somewhere out of town lol. I'll post the fines haha
Is green the full-time color on those lights, meaning no RGB controller ?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Those lights would get you pulled over, removed from the car, interrogated, then given a ticket for impersonating an emergency vehicle in Chicago, or just about any decent size town in Illinois. Why would you want to reduce your being able to see at night? To look cool? To each his own….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm still trying to connect the title "New phone and I lost my log in info." with green lights.
When I first replied to this thread it had a different title...something about going green. Then this title was changed and OP started a new thread about his green headlights.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
4,657 Posts
When I first replied to this thread it had a different title...something about going green. Then this title was changed and OP started a new thread about his green headlights.
That was a different thread he started...😎

1 - 14 of 14 Posts