2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just picked up a 2020 cherokee with the high altitude package.Two things I am really interested in are:
  1. I have the i4 turbo, is there anyone with info on a chip/tune upgrade?
  2. Looking to get the widest tires possible on the stock 19 inch wheels any help with this would be appreciated’

·
Premium Member
5,297 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1. Have no idea of upgrade for chip/tuneup. Last I heard FCA had locked out that possibility. There was some threads on that subject on getting around that on prior engines/years.
@Tyler-98-W68 was knowledgeable on that subject. That is if that was the correct "Tyler". He should be the go to member for that and had numerous threads on the subject and was knowledgeable in that area.

2. Best bet would be to go to several good tire stores and propose that question. Your question is more of an issue related to the model. I would venture to say the 2020 High Altitude might be the same as the Sport, Latitude, Limited. But not the same as a Trail Hawk as that model has AD2 which is a different suspension set up. In prior years the AD2 was available as a option on more models.
So when advice comes on this be sure they give you year, model, and AD2 or AD1( standard suspension).

Be sure to set up an account on Jeep.com/owners with your VIN number. Much useful information.
Let us know how it comes out.

Reactions: ab8140

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Hey everyone I just picked up a 2020 cherokee with the high altitude package.Two things I am really interested in are:
  1. I have the i4 turbo, is there anyone with info on a chip/tune upgrade?
  2. Looking to get the widest tires possible on the stock 19 inch wheels any help with this would be appreciated’
1. No proper tuning options. There are piggyback tuner options which still don't provide a noticeable difference because the factory programming in the TCM and PCM limit performance and power values to stock only. PCM style was changed in 2019 so HP Tuners doesn't support this model yet. No one has come to visit me (since i have all the HP Tuners software/hardware with their 2019+ vehicle. Further 2018+ vehicles require a special cable to enable writing to the OBD2 Port like tuning requires.

As for tires keeping the overall diameter below 30.5" will ensure you don't have any rubbing issues. The other issue is your wheels are 7" wide. I wouldn't go much larger than 255 maybe a 265 width tire on a 7" wheel. All that said
MAYBE a 265/50/19 would fit but it would be best to test fit whatever size you want before committing to buying something

1 - 4 of 4 Posts