2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone first time long time here. Just got a sweet 2019 Trail Hawk Elite in Hydro Blue. Found it at a dealership in Ft Myers and had only 10k on it so I pulled the trigger. I LOVE this thing. My first Jeep and will be doing lots of riding out in Colorado.

One quick question. I have the factory two package. Can anyone recommend a good bike rack that can hold 2 bikes? Also do I need to buy any special adapters for a hitch mounted bike rack off the factory set up?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
903 Posts
I just got a cheap one off amazon. Works well. If you don't have a pin, just order one that comes with a locking pin. Even if you do have a pin, you might need a new one as some of the racks use a slightly smaller pin. Some will come with a bolt, but I'm not a fan as I have to get a drill and wrench to put it on and off each time.

·
Registered
11,819 Posts
I just got a cheap one off amazon. Works well. If you don't have a pin, just order one that comes with a locking pin. Even if you do have a pin, you might need a new one as some of the racks use a slightly smaller pin. Some will come with a bolt, but I'm not a fan as I have to get a drill and wrench to put it on and off each time.
Agreed. I have one with a bolt, the advantage there being they go on tighter so less clunking. I have another cheap one with a pin, it used to clunk around so I added a few strips of Gorilla tape on the square tubing and it's quiet now. I can also use a locking pin on the second one.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Agreed. I have one with a bolt, the advantage there being they go on tighter so less clunking. I have another cheap one with a pin, it used to clunk around so I added a few strips of Gorilla tape on the square tubing and it's quiet now. I can also use a locking pin on the second one.
@Mark_ I've used these J-pins for years on all my vehicles that tow. I love them, and no rattles no matter what I slide into the receiver.

Draw-Tite | 63201 | J-Pin® Anti-Rattle Device, Fits 2 in. Receiver

[edited link for clearer photos]

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
7,012 Posts
Hey everyone first time long time here. Just got a sweet 2019 Trail Hawk Elite in Hydro Blue. Found it at a dealership in Ft Myers and had only 10k on it so I pulled the trigger. I LOVE this thing. My first Jeep and will be doing lots of riding out in Colorado.
Welcome from Utah, and congrats on the new TH/E!!! Do you have the 2.0 Turbo, or the V6???😎

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are you looking for a rack with a tray or one that holds your bikes by the top tube? If you have sloping top tubes I would recommend a rack with trays. I use a 1-Up rack which is very sturdy but they can be pricey. It's a tray mount for a single bike but you can add adapters for up to 4 bikes. It all depends on your budget. And I had to add an extender to the hitch mount because the handlebars hit the rear hatch. Either way the recommendation to add an anti-rattle device is a good one. It's scary watching your bike move around and rattle as you drive down the road.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I use a threaded bolt & Curt brand stability straps. good luck w/ your quest for a bike rack. the choices ate mind boggling
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

I use a Swagman Titan for when I carry 4 bikes. I made it work for me but not sure I would recommended it
Tire Wheel Bicycle Land vehicle Vehicle

I have a much smaller unit for when it's just 1 or 2 bikes. it is super small & the arms fold down for when I'm driving around w/o the bike
Bicycle Wheel Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I sprung for the QuikrStuff rack. The wife and I have e-bikes that range between 55-61 lbs. The rack can hold 120 lbs per position (2 bikes) so it is plenty stout. I also got the ramp to make loading/unloading very easy. A bit expensive, but really quality built so it's worth it IMO.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Bicycle Wheel Tire Plant Bicycle wheel

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I sprung for the QuikrStuff rack. The wife and I have e-bikes that range between 55-61 lbs. The rack can hold 120 lbs per position (2 bikes) so it is plenty stout. I also got the ramp to make loading/unloading very easy. A bit expensive, but really quality built so it's worth it IMO.
very cool! I like how high up it sits!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Old pic but this is what the Rage triple rack looked like on the back of my 15 TH. Not quite as fancy as the Quikr one but less than 1/3 of the cost. But then I also didn't have $3k+ electric assist bikes on it either...:D

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Bicycle wheel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts