2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a over the air update for my 2019.
Tell me if this looks like the most current Software version as when I check Uconnect online it always says I’m up to date.
And note I’m a Canuck so could differ from USA.
Communication Device Mobile device Portable communications device Gadget Font

· Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,384 Posts
Nope. The most recent I have (through external sources) is 39.6. I'm not sure if I'm on 39.6 or 39.5, but I updated myself trying to get off road pages to work, which it briefly did. I will say though, I didn't notice any differences. I think I was originally on like 21 when I started updating.

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,739 Posts
so with this update, we have the Off Road Pages?
Nope. @MikeR. went into Alfa OBD and was able to turn it on, because the software is apparently there or something, but it only worked briefly for whatever reason...He can explain it better...😎

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok strange things happening as you saw I updated yesterday and today I got another update so I went for it. So I’m down in Mesa doing the snowbird thing so maybe their rewarding me for traveling and spending cash
Communication Device Portable communications device Telephony Mobile device Gadget

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
8,739 Posts
Ok strange things happening as you saw I updated yesterday and today I got another update so I went for it. So I’m down in Mesa doing the snowbird thing so maybe their rewarding me for traveling and spending cash View attachment 222141
So did they reward you with free Sirius XM for life, or what??? LOL!!!😉😎

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So did they reward you with free Sirius XM for life, or what??? LOL!!!😉😎
Really you know nothing is free but if you have unlimited data Sirius can become very cheap.
With my update at 22.32.10 I would still like to know where I’m at compared to others. we got thinking because I’m down in the USA when I did the update something happened with update but all is working well wiith new software plus all my settings are good.
Just one more note I have had Zero issues with this vehicle and read and followed all operating instructions from manual and some good advice from knowledgeable people on this board. Unlike a friend that played with all the 4 wheel drive functions on dry cement in the parking lot.

· Registered
2022 Trailhawk Elite 3.2L
1,098 Posts
I wonder if it's just for 2019MY. Nothing yet on my 22MY.

· Registered
552 Posts
Nothing yet on my 2019 unless it updated itself while it was in the shop last week.
I'll have to check my software version. Is 22.32.10 the latest update?

· Registered
86 Posts
Got one Friday the 20th on my 2019 THE. Started it when I went into the gym, it was done when I came out. So far, I can't tell the difference.

Reactions: Flybynightcru

· Registered
552 Posts
For the 2019 Uconnect 4C system, how do you get to dealer mode to see the software version.

· Registered
552 Posts
Actually... I found it. My software version is 18.20.2e
Same version I had earlier this summer.

· Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
To answer a few questions yes to get over the air updates you need cellular capabilities built into the Uconnect and capable of communicating and updating with your vehicle turned off when updating.
So my 2019 TH has Nav which I believe is required if you have onboard Cellular capabilities. Notice in dealer mode mine does say application for Canada.
To get into dealer mode for 2019.

You put your car in Acc Or you put your Cherokee in Run
Press the Driver's Temp Up and Press the Driver's Temp Down then press the Front Defroster On holding all down at the same time.
You hold for 5 to 10 secs
And Dealer mode comes up.
And your looking for software version

· Registered
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
1,384 Posts
so with this update, we have the Off Road Pages?
So offroad pages most likely won't come with it. A few of us were able to turn it on for a little while, but it soon asked for an active guardian or uconnect account, which we didn't have, and then removed itself. I think one person reset their radio and got it back, at least for a little while. The tilt meter did not work for me though, and it really wasn't all the helpful of information. There is a really long thread about it on here.

Its probably better to just run a 3rd party app if you want that information. As long as you use android, there are a few options. There used to be OBD2aa, though I thing it stopped working like a year ago after an update. Next would be AA Mirror. If can be downloaded through AAAD. It will mirror your screen to the head unit. Then use something like OBDLink or Torque app to pick which gauges you want to see.

Here is the long post about it. Where we got it to work was more toward the end. Off Road Pages

· Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite
156 Posts
i just received an update too the other day. Then I had a misfire on cylinder 6 is it related? Probably not

Getting car back tonight.

· Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I had to do the Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, etc. to get to my software version.

20.49.10 -Same as when they replaced the head unit last year.

The good thing is I'm showing a 4G signal, and not 3G anymore!
Guess I'll wait for the update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts