2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I have been a jeep owner since 1995. I've owned 1989, 2001, 2011, 2019 Jeep wanglers, all manuals. I just purchased a 2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. My 1st question to the forum is...how do I remove the factory decal on the hood. Please advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to JCC. I haven’t removed one from a TrailHawk myself, but others I removed required a heat gun and patience. Do not use metal tools, your fingernail or a plastic panel tool will work, just go slow. Start at one corner and use just enough heat to loosen the adhesive but not enough to over-soften the vinyl or it will stretch and tear. You’ll get the hang of it, the vinyl is new and should peel off fine. Removing any remaining adhesive will require an adhesive remover, or WD-40.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to JCC. I haven’t removed one from a TrailHawk myself, but others I removed required a heat gun and patience. Do not use metal tools, your fingernail or a plastic panel tool will work, just go slow. Start at one corner and use just enough heat to loosen the adhesive but not enough to over-soften the vinyl or it will stretch and tear. You’ll get the hang of it, the vinyl is new and should peel off fine. Removing any remaining adhesive will require an adhesive remover, or WD-40.

Thanks so much for your help. Will report the results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts