2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inherited from wife, going to be my daily beater.
Needs new tires, was thinking about upgrading rims to TH replicas and include beefier tires. Afraid of scraping, but should probably be more worried about that jerky tranny. my work commute is minimal, mostly street driving
Have been looking through search for related posts and have found a few, still looking to find some guidance before I wisen up and spend money towards bills
- andy

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
okay so I ordered 17in TH replicas (silver) and Cooper tires Evolution H/T 245/65r17–29.5in total diameter (attached- tire only). Tires/wheels should be installed by this Wednesday. I sent a message to Hazard Sky through their site about whether I’ll need the lift and if so the rear wheel centering kit. As of now with no changes my stock 2014 FWD sits at a 5.7in ride height (per Cars dot com). Will my car suffer with no lift? Plz help. I only do light city driving

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
okay so I ordered 17in TH replicas (silver) and Cooper tires Evolution H/T 245/65r17–29.5in total diameter (attached- tire only). Tires/wheels should be installed by this Wednesday. I sent a message to Hazard Sky through their site about whether I’ll need the lift and if so the rear wheel centering kit. As of now with no changes my stock 2014 FWD sits at a 5.7in ride height (per Cars dot com). Will my car suffer with no lift? Plz help. I only do light city driving
I wouldn’t expect a problem. My TH stock tires are 29.5” diameter. Just replaced them with stock size TA All Terrain’s. Still lots of room around the tire. I don’t think my extra 1” ground clearance gives me that much more room

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input! I just installed the rims and new tires. Looks much better! Doesn’t appear to be any clearance issues
I wouldn’t expect a problem. My TH stock tires are 29.5” diameter. Just replaced them with stock size TA All Terrain’s. Still lots of room around the tire. I don’t think my extra 1” ground clearance gives me that much more room

·
Registered
8,776 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hazard Sky budget lift pieces should arrive in mail tomorrow or Sat., although now I’m thinking about replacing the chrome grill with silver to match the wheels (see link). Piece is about $200 after tax but probably not worth it....what do u guys think?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts