2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2015 jeep cherokee limited
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2015 cherokee limited (stock) , i would like to get beefier tires, something that last longer,
whats the biggest tire that i can put in there
thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
What are you looking at

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
This week I saw some Goodyear Wrangler 245/65-17 snow flake rated tires on a Trailhawk.
They looked like they meant business off road. The snow flake rating will result in less tire mileage.
Couldn't find them on the Internet so maybe a Goodyear tire dealer can find them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This week I saw some Goodyear Wrangler 245/65-17 snow flake rated tires on a Trailhawk.
They looked like they meant business off road. The snow flake rating will result in less tire mileage.
Couldn't find them on the Internet so maybe a Goodyear tire dealer can find them.
The ones that come on the Colorado ZR2 are what I’ll be putting on my 16 this winter. Wrangler Duratrac 265/65r17 check them out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thats a nice tire, will it fit?

·
Registered
676 Posts
The snow flake rating will result in less tire mileage.
Thats incorrect. Less mileage than what?
for example yokohama geolandar at/s was replaced by geolandar g015 which has the snowflake and has longer treadlife.

Some tires are never tested but could easily exceed the relatively wimpy requirements.

That makes it very unreliable to say a random mountain/snowflake rated tire will have less treadlife than a non-rated tire.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 - Size: LT245/65R17
1st place in wet/dry, 2nd place in snow.
These are great tires!!! I put 65,000 miles on a set of those on my Xterra, and they still had substantial tread left when I traded the car. Though not the most aggressive LOOKING tire, they are one of the best all around true A/T. Excellent snow and offroad chops, and drive like a good set of all seasons on the road.

Reactions: GCWIMMER

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Stock (hopefully not for long)
3 Posts
I am ordering the toyo at Iii today. But can't decide on size for my stock 2016 trailhawk. 245/70r17 vs 265/65r17

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am ordering the toyo at Iii today. But can't decide on size for my stock 2016 trailhawk. 245/70r17 vs 265/65r17
245/70/17's if you want a "Drama Free" upgrade, plus that extra inch of ground clearance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got a 2015 cherokee limited (stock) , i would like to get beefier tires, something that last longer,
whats the biggest tire that i can put in there
thanks in advance
I have a 2015 Limited as well and I went with 245/60/18 Wildpeak AT Trails. I do have the HS lift on mine though, so not sure how they would fit stock.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have a 2015 Limited as well and I went with 245/60/18 Wildpeak AT Trails. I do have the HS lift on mine though, so not sure how they would fit stock.
Those are pretty damn close to the same OD as 245/70/17. That's what I run on my lifted Trailhawk. Zero clearance and extra drivetrain wear and tear issues...Bigger is not always better...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't have a Trailhawk but my 2016 Latitude is running 225/65R17.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts