2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have two mystery external dash sensors on a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited.
The sensors look to be after market because they are on the outside of both ends the dash and are held on by double sided tape. They turn green and red and sometimes beep. The beeping is very annoying so any help identifying what they are is extremely appreciated!
I'll add a picture.
Thank you!
Font Personal protective equipment Knee Electric blue Circle

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm guessing it's part of an aftermarket alarm system of some sort. Or perhaps aftermarket sensors which detect when a vehicle is right along side of you. When exactly do you notice them beeping and turning colors?

Reactions: AtlCade69

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing it's part of an aftermarket alarm system of some sort. Or perhaps aftermarket sensors which detect when a vehicle is right along side of you. When exactly do you notice them beeping and turning colors?
Thanks for getting back to me! Well it's strange, because it's really inconsistent. Sometimes when I brake too hard or turn without signaling it will start beeping. Other times I do the same things and it won't beep at all but flashes red.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Looks to me like maybe they are supposed to be mounted outside and it tells you when you are next to a car. Similar to and maybe it is, an aftermarket lane sensor or parking sensor as Lindy suggested above. Actually since you said they flash red maybe they mount in the corners of the windshield where you can still see them? I definitely think they are aftermarket, but I have a Trailhawk so hard for me to say.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,508 Posts
Found them! Some sort of Blind Spot Monitor add-on. I'm not sure if I would rely on them though (and who knows how they were installed by the previous owner)...
Universal Car Radar Blind Spot Detector

1 - 7 of 7 Posts