2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am jus trying to see if there is a way to get a new stereo for my 2019 jeep cherokee limited and if there is one, is it going to be able to control all of the stuff I need it too like my heated seats, my air conditioner etc etc. Please help.

·
Registered
2018 Latitude+. 2.4 AD1
1,087 Posts
I swapped my radio in my 2018 with a Kenwood unit. Used the Meistro interface and only lost turn by turn display where the Speedo is and the compass heading, same spot. All the important stuff, parking brake service setting for example, and comfort settings (HVAC settings, heated wheel,seats, etc) function perfectly. Also picked up a few new gauges with the Kenwood unit. I like it way better than my stock unit. Has wireless CarPlay/AAuto as well.

I have a thread somewhere on here, but I went through Crutchfield. They knew exactly what I needed, what would work, and plenty of technical assistance if I needed it. Check them out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
I went another direction. I actually kept the uConnect head unit and had my installer replace all the crappy Mopar speakers with Kicker CS Series speakers and a Kicker 400.1 amp powering a Kicker Comp R DVC 12". All of that was made possible by adding a PAC AP4-CH41 (R.2) integration kit.

Because I kept the uConnect head unit, nothing has changed and all functionality was retained. I decided to go this route because I actually like the uConnect layout.

AK4wheeler

·
Registered
244 Posts
LilMiss Since you have a Limited, your stereo shouldn't be that bad? If not satisfied, have you tried playing with the equalizer settings? You could be putting a lot of $$ to an insignificant difference in sound. IMHO.
Take the Jeep to a reputable Sound System Installer and ask them opinion/recommendations.

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
2,317 Posts
Good to Great speakers 1st! You'd need to do that anyways if wanting to upgrade the stereo...

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I also bought one thru Crutchfield. they can find you an installer but I found one on my own. using one they recommend might be better. this is the one I got

·
Registered
69 Posts
Definitely start with the speakers when upgrading! Welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts