2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, hope everyone is doing well in midst of this COVID situation.

Well I happened to be in a situation where my Jeep got into mud water and couldn't come out, I tried my best to get out of it but she gave up on me, while I was about to ask for help suddenly my engine shutoff and wouldn't start back up, after a while help came and was able to get it out, I tried to start the jeep i dint but after few min i did start up but was choking some how i came out of the trial onto the roads. My engine was vibration which made me feel that there is miss fire situation. here is indication i saw on IC
Check Engine lite.

Took it to the dealer they checked the codes
P000A
P000B
P0030
other one i forgot to take (it was incorrect cam shaft rotation)
another one is Excess fuel consumption i guess !
Checked Air filter no signs of water in it (that indicated that my engine is some what safe)

Dealership suggested me to wash off all the mud which accumulated at the passenger side of the vehicle it was covered with MUD like crazy, so that they might be able to figured out exactly what to do what not to do!

So here are my thoughts in this
1. the codes which came out from OBD are related to sensor and sparkplug and coils!
2. most of the sensors are located at passenger side of the vehicle where visually there is lot of MUD on them

what are your thoughts in this situation ? did anyone have this experience with your jeeps

currently the check engine light vanished suddenly (I DONT KNOW why?) and some i have auto start stop indication on IC and also oil pressure indication

My jeep is not running smooth and low powered

do you guys have any inputs and suggestion, please let me know those are valuable.

·
Registered
428 Posts
That's not good. That's exactly why I drive around the mud holes!!! Reason #1 Mud is not your friend. It has a tendency to really mess a lot of different things up. #2 I'm a lazy old guy, and it's just WAY TO MUCH WORK cleaning out the mud from everywhere, especially the drivetrain...I guess I'm lucky, not a lot of mud in Utah. Now I know the Trailhawk has a decent water forging capability, but water is not nearly as problematic as mud is. My suggestion would be a good cleaning. Get it on a lift, remove all skid plates, and pressure wash the heck out of every crack and crevice. Then carefully do the same in the engine compartment using lower pressure. Use compressed air to blow all the excess water off of the engine and all the cracks and crevices under there. Be sure to check the air box where the filter is located and make sure you didn't suck any mud or water in there. Hopefully you got lucky and are able to resolve everything fairly easily.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not good. That's exactly why I drive around the mud holes!!! Reason #1 Mud is not your friend. It has a tendency to really mess a lot of different things up. #2 I'm a lazy old guy, and it's just WAY TO MUCH WORK cleaning out the mud from everywhere, especially the drivetrain...I guess I'm lucky, not a lot of mud in Utah. Now I know the Trailhawk has a decent water forging capability, but water is not nearly as problematic as mud is. My suggestion would be a good cleaning. Get it on a lift, remove all skid plates, and pressure wash the heck out of every crack and crevice. Then carefully do the same in the engine compartment using lower pressure. Use compressed air to blow all the excess water off of the engine and all the cracks and crevices under there. Be sure to check the air box where the filter is located and make sure you didn't suck any mud or water in there. Hopefully you got lucky and are able to resolve everything fairly easily.
I am getting rotten egg smell once I do little bit driving around, I do not know why but I assuming it’s because i am still having miss fire issues. My auto start /stop alert is showing up on IC. I also hear ticking sound and whistle sound when I accelerate. Any thoughts please ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts