2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a Midland MXT275 for free. I have no experience with radios, I know there is a lot to learn, but for now let me just ask about where to mount it. Where do folks normally mount their radios? Is there a preferred location, and why? I'd like to do it on the headliner just to keep things down below uncluttered. But I don't know if there is such a solution for KLs. Ease of routing the antenna wire is also a consideration. What say you guys?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Registered
I recently acquired a Midland MXT275 for free. I have no experience with radios, I know there is a lot to learn, but for now let me just ask about where to mount it. Where do folks normally mount their radios? Is there a preferred location, and why? I'd like to do it on the headliner just to keep things down below uncluttered. But I don't know if there is such a solution for KLs. Ease of routing the antenna wire is also a consideration. What say you guys?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Long time, no see man!!! I can't help you with that, I just carry a walkie in the Trailhawk, but I'm sure someone has the hookup. Good to see you back...馃槑

Registered
I just stuff mine (MXT105) down between the passenger seat cushion and the center console.
Run the antenna cable between the right rear door and the door opening so as not to crush the cable.
Put the magnet mount in the center of the roof.
Lay the microphone in the passenger seat or wherever is convenient.
Plug the power plug into a y-cable extension which plugs into the armrest cubby.
So far I haven't talked to anybody. Have a Call Sign.

Registered
Report back when you get it installed, I have a Midland MTX400 on the way to compliment my CB communications. I will be looking for a clean install place in the meantime.
I will not be pulling the CB as it has come in handy and saved me many miles while on the road talking with truckers. On a long trip you can come across some pretty colorful characters out there to break up the time

Registered
I'm interested. but is it worth the bother? remind me, who would you be talking to? fyi - this is where I mount my CB. it's convenient & doesn't get in anyone's way. it might be good for your radio too? it's getting more rare to use CB with all the truckers using Waze these days, but they're still out there. I've got better pics but this is the 1st I could put my hands on

found a better pic

from post #345 here

Registered
to satisfy some curiosity started looking around for info & a refresher on FRS & GMRS. interesting stuff. we have a cpl walkies & take them on hikes but rarely use them or pick up anyone else with them. but I found this article compelling
Jeep Jamboree
CB TO BE REPLACED BY FRS/GMRS TWO-WAY RADIOS IN 2021

1 - 6 of 6 Posts