2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject pretty much says it all. My ambient lights (a joke) aren't working either. Messed with the dual rotary switches to no avail. Have yet to check the fuses. I'll do that this weekend.

Updated my sig to include car issues. I won't go into the jeep dealerships mechanic's poor work.

Thinking it's time to ditch what I use to consider the perfect vehicle for what I wanted.

· Registered
2014 TH 3.2, 2" lift, 1" spacers, Steelies
85 Posts
I once had this very same issue on a Subaru I once had. If you have physical water in the car at the driver's floorboard I would consider all your electrical and light issues as secondary (and likely the result of) the water infiltration. You need to check every place in the front left area outside the car where water could enter. This includes the weatherstriping around the driver's door, any drain holes at the base of the windshield, the windshield sealant (caulking), any rust or holes near the roof rail attachment points etc. If you still can't find the source, use a hose for a minute or two or go through a car wash and then check under your dash. Somewhere water is making its way in. If you solve that, the other issues may go away.

Ps: and do it quickly. Water will stay under your carpeting/padding and might eventually get a mildew smell.

· Registered
4,362 Posts
See if this helps: Water leak 2017 Cherokee
There are probably more Posts, use Search Community above to find them.
If you can't find the water leaks you may have to get a car cover.
Do a visual inspection and make sure all of the rubber seals are installed correctly.
Look for missing weld seam caulk.
Jeep may have a TSB if this is a known issue.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Subject pretty much says it all. My ambient lights (a joke) aren't working either. Messed with the dual rotary switches to no avail. Have yet to check the fuses. I'll do that this weekend.

Updated my sig to include car issues. I won't go into the jeep dealerships mechanic's poor work.

Thinking it's time to ditch what I use to consider the perfect vehicle for what I wanted.
Thanks guys. I'll find a new dealer and see what they will charge me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts