2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Banned
4,607 Posts
No actual numbers. For all bolt ons and a tune. However if you did that would notice better performance above 4000rpm a bit stronger acceleration on the top end of the RPM range

·
Registered
75 Posts
No actual numbers. For all bolt ons and a tune. However if you did that would notice better performance above 4000rpm a bit stronger acceleration on the top end of the RPM range
A few questions, for the MMX ported throttle body, should i buy a throttle body spacer? For a CAI should it be an AFE, i already have an RPM torque tube and wanna buy a k&n, idk if theres a difference, do ripp coilpacks make a difference? You linked a lower manifold from summit racing, is there a variety of them or does it have to be order just from summit racing?

·
Banned
4,607 Posts
Don't buy a spacer
You have a 2019+ so AFE doesn't work in that case you would get the K&N intake with RPM motorsports torque tube.

Coils are a complete scam and waste of money

The lower intake manifold is an OEM mopar part you could pick it up from a dealer or online this is the part number
5281803AA

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't buy a spacer
You have a 2019+ so AFE doesn't work in that case you would get the K&N intake with RPM motorsports torque tube.

Coils are a complete scam and waste of money

The lower intake manifold is an OEM mopar part you could pick it up from a dealer or online this is the part number
5281803AA
It may be weird but once I put the kn cai and throttle bottle spacer and the the sound of my TH sounded better and my mileage went up! Of course I’m not I’m not going to spend $$$$ to show solid studies, but I noticed, and fellow Jeep club members noticed the difference. Maybe it’s in our heads or ears , but we noticed the difference so therefore a win , isn’t that’s what’s it’s all about? Happiness! Hey y’all Happy Jeeping 😃

·
Registered
580 Posts
It may be weird but once I put the kn cai and throttle bottle spacer and the the sound of my TH sounded better and my mileage went up! Of course I’m not I’m not going to spend $$$$ to show solid studies, but I noticed, and fellow Jeep club members noticed the difference. Maybe it’s in our heads or ears , but we noticed the difference so therefore a win , isn’t that’s what’s it’s all about? Happiness! Hey y’all Happy Jeeping 😃
Tyler! You are a numbers guy and we’ll proven, but sometimes it just looks cool and sounds cool! And no one else has it! And it just feels good! Not saying it improves it it or not, it’s just cool to have!! Setting yourself apart from other TH owners! Happy Jeeping 😃

·
Banned
4,607 Posts
Well a larger throttlebody makes a difference, not a spacer. Take the K&N off and put the stock intake back on with the spacer and then tell me it makes a difference.......either way an intake will change how the engine sounds,

·
Registered
580 Posts
Well a larger throttlebody makes a difference, not a spacer. Take the K&N off and put the stock intake back on with the spacer and then tell me it makes a difference.......either way an intake will change how the engine sounds,
Sounds like a waist of my time, I’ll just live with what I have and be happy with it!and you are correct it does sound different and my mileage only goes up on long travels not city driving. A lot of $$ for really little gain, but still looks and sound cool! Happy Jeeping 😃

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitue 4x4 V6 ADI
9 Posts
Or you can add full bolt ons and a custom tune for about 50hp.....
AFE Air intake
MMX Ported Throttlbody
Pentastar Upgrade Engine lower intake manifold
Custom engine and transmission tune.
Those above mods are good for 50hp and proven

Things to note:
Pedal commander is expensive and doesn't make the vehicle faster.
There is zero performance to gain with exhaust work as the greatest restriction is forward of the resonator and can't be replaced
A Cherokee with no mods other than a custom engine tune is still faster than a Cherokee with all the bolt on mods listed above.
I assume the ported throttle body you have is made for the 3.6l v6? Just want to double check because there’s almost nothing out there specifically for the 3.2l and I’ve been told some of the 3.6l parts will work on the 3.2l. What those parts are, I have no idea haha

81 - 90 of 90 Posts