2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I bought a pedal commander and installed it back in December. I ended up returning it because all it does is change the pedal input signal. I can do that with my own foot.

After I install most of my offroading mods (and my warranty expires) I may pursue tuning my 2.0T. I would want a fairly safe tune, I believe the transmission can't take over around 340ftlb per the official design documents.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Reactions: Flybynightcru

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You get those tires on yet?!?! LOL
7 weeks and counting. At least I have a tracking number now. However they still haven't been picked up from the warehouse.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Its easy to get rid of the 295ft/lb limit, you just have to spend about $1000 to do so. My 3.2 made around 275ft/lbs with the modifications so it never got close to that aspect of torque management
That's good since I would like to get 330-340 out of my turbo. Might be doable.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
While I never got it on the dyno........using the weight and ET and MPH I ran along with realtime engine outputs from AlfaOBD I was around 320hp/275tq with my modifications.

The problem with adding a bunch of torque to the turbo is that the trans 354ft/lb limit comes up very quickly so that has to be kept in mind.

Forgetting about the transmission i'm fairly certain the PTU and RDM will have issues before the transmission calls it quits as those parts fail on stock vehicles all the time.
Yes this is my main concern. Haven't been able to find any information online about what the torque limits for those parts are, and the only reason I have a cherokee right now is because my transfer case blew up on my last vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts