2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I don't know if you can help me I have a 2003 grand cherokee.A few weeks ago I heard a knocking noise coming from the front as I was reversing with the steering wheel turning left so I took it to my local garage and they tightened up and greased all the bolts underneath it was fine no noise then I needed 2 new tyres and had the wheels aligned still no noise but after 3 weeks the noise is back馃槳it's very loud not only is it doing it when steering right in reverse but now it's doing it when in drive going around corners both steering right and left has anyone got any ideas please? I'm going crazy thanks.

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Hi I don't know if you can help me I have a 2003 grand cherokee.A few weeks ago I heard a knocking noise coming from the front as I was reversing with the steering wheel turning left so I took it to my local garage and they tightened up and greased all the bolts underneath it was fine no noise then I needed 2 new tyres and had the wheels aligned still no noise but after 3 weeks the noise is back馃槳it's very loud not only is it doing it when steering right in reverse but now it's doing it when in drive going around corners both steering right and left has anyone got any ideas please? I'm going crazy thanks.
Welcome from Utah, USA!!! Sounds like a axle CV to me. You might get better advice on the Grand Cherokee forum though, as this is the KL Cherokee forum, and they are completely different vehicles...馃槑

Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
Thank you Flybynightcru from Great Britain I do apologise I didn't realise that I was on the wrong forum but thanks for the advice馃槉
No worries, there's a lot of former, and current Grand owners around here. They have been able to help a lot. We do share many systems, but the mechanicals are quite different...馃槑

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.