2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you who had the MFC 2" lift installed (rather than doing it yourselves) how much did it cost?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Those of you who had the MFC 2" lift installed (rather than doing it yourselves) how much did it cost?
I think I paid $600, labor and alignment. It's easily a 4 hour job for an expert to complete, so I was happy with the price, and the piece of mind that everything was installed CORRECTLY by a very reputable Jeep offroad shop that actually knows what the hell they're doing was well worth the price...

Reactions: DizzyPope

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you choose to do it yourself it’s a very easy install the front took me an hour. But;) I have done them before . 3-4 hours is a good estimate to pay a reputable shop for.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Is that only needed on AD-I? maybe fwd?
No, I would use it on any KL with a lift...Unless you want the rear wheels closer to the front of the wheel wells...😎

Reactions: Scorp

·
Registered
94 Posts
Me and my mechanic did it in 4 hours in his driveway, wasn't that bad. I paid him $400 + an alignment = $550. Definitely get the rear centering kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I paid $600, labor and alignment. It's easily a 4 hour job for an expert to complete, so I was happy with the price, and the piece of mind that everything was installed CORRECTLY by a very reputable Jeep offroad shop that actually knows what the hell they're doing was well worth the price...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you know if the factory warranty will accept the lift? I've got a 2020 Trailhawk and would like to add the 2jnch lift. Sounds like the mfc is a good choice? And good to know about the centering kit!
Will this void the warranty?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Do you know if the factory warranty will accept the lift? I've got a 2020 Trailhawk and would like to add the 2jnch lift. Sounds like the mfc is a good choice? And good to know about the centering kit!

Will this void the warranty?
It has not affected mine. That's one of those things that is going to depend on your individual dealer. There are cases of Jeep not honoring the warranty, after all, it is a "modification". Just another reason why if you do something, do it right, but it is a chance you take I guess, especially if you have a failure, or issue with the parts related to the modification. Maybe @ECHO can chime in, as he is the "Resident Service Manager"...

Reactions: ECHO

·
Registered
56 Posts
Spot on! If the modification caused a failure that’s a problem, but; some dealerships are are NOT Modification friendly period.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I've installed 3 of them (mine included) for people in my driveway and my going rate is a case of beer. It's easy and kinda fun actually....although I dont do the allignment. Owner is responsible for getting that done

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
This isn't exactly about cost, but I think works for the thread...
Regarding the alignment, After I do the MFC with rear spacers/centering kit, it may take a week or so before getting new tires installed and doing the alignment then (instead of twice).

So MFC install "at home," then say 60 -70 miles driving until new tires / alignment... Legit? Bad idea?

I'm a photographer and the cost comparison with off-road gear makes the off-road stuff so much easier to handle!

·
Registered
89 Posts
This isn't exactly about cost, but I think works for the thread...
Regarding the alignment, After I do the MFC with rear spacers/centering kit, it may take a week or so before getting new tires installed and doing the alignment then (instead of twice).

So MFC install "at home," then say 60 -70 miles driving until new tires / alignment... Legit? Bad idea?
Pretty much...you want to do the alignment at the same time as the new tires anyway

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
I drove mine for a week after before alignment and tires

Reactions: DizzyPope
1 - 16 of 16 Posts