2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Just picked these up in bronze! (though I believe they are called 702, not 701)

I was sick of the 'black wheel' look and decided to go a bit weird, and throwback to my Subie roots ?
Have you considered bronze window tint ? Maybe even bronze roof rails (Plasti Dip ?)...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked these up in bronze! (though I believe they are called 702, not 701)

I was sick of the 'black wheel' look and decided to go a bit weird, and throwback to my Subie roots ?
Have you considered bronze window tint ? Maybe even bronze roof rails (Plasti Dip ?)...
Yeah I need to add some sort of bronze something somewhere to help balance it out, lol. I think I may start with bronze sponsorship decals (like a tint visor with a bronze decal on it or something) and roll out from there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Maybe get a bronze Hood decal? Wonder if that would even work even if ya got a matt finished on it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
nice looking rims, guys. Does anyone else have these rims too? I am thinking about getting these along with the 265/65/17 KO2's (hopefully no rub)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will be posting from Japan for the first time. Please allow writing to the old thread. In my case, when trying to install the MR701 on the 2019 trailhawk, the balance weight interferes with the front wheel brake caliper. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
I will be posting from Japan for the first time. Please allow writing to the old thread. In my case, when trying to install the MR701 on the 2019 trailhawk, the balance weight interferes with the front wheel brake caliper. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Hi there, and welcome to JCC :)

I have a 2015 with different aftermarket wheels, but had a similar experience. The weights (stick-on) used by the tire shop were too thick and I ripped a few out as I pulled out after the tire/wheel change at home (wheel/tire package was shipped to my house). I was able to re-stick them, but out the way of the calipers.

I contacted the place that sold me those and advised them to only use low profile weights.

HTH.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there, and welcome to JCC :)

I have a 2015 with different aftermarket wheels, but had a similar experience. The weights (stick-on) used by the tire shop were too thick and I ripped a few out as I pulled out after the tire/wheel change at home (wheel/tire package was shipped to my house). I was able to re-stick them, but out the way of the calipers.

I contacted the place that sold me those and advised them to only use low profile weights.

HTH.
These balance weights are the thinnest types, but rub slightly. I wonder why those who chose the same wheel did not face the same problem. The shape of the caliper may differ depending on the year of manufacture and whether it is for export. Currently wheel spacers address this problem, but are looking for better ways. Mark, thank you for the answer.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
These balance weights are the thinnest types, but rub slightly. I wonder why those who chose the same wheel did not face the same problem. The shape of the caliper may differ depending on the year of manufacture and whether it is for export. Currently wheel spacers address this problem, but are looking for better ways. Mark, thank you for the answer.
Ok, fair enough. FWIW, I don't see how calipers would differ from North American to export models, but who knows. As far as thin weights rubbing, two things :
1) Wheel manufacturer needs to reconsider tolerances on these 17" wheels. Too tight.
2) Thicker square weights could be used, but moved closer to the spokes to avoid calipers. Or... weights moved slightly inward, to avoid said calipers. An experiened tire tech can figure this out, I'm sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, fair enough. FWIW, I don't see how calipers would differ from North American to export models, but who knows. As far as thin weights rubbing, two things :
1) Wheel manufacturer needs to reconsider tolerances on these 17" wheels. Too tight.
2) Thicker square weights could be used, but moved closer to the spokes to avoid calipers. Or... weights moved slightly inward, to avoid said calipers. An experiened tire tech can figure this out, I'm sure.
Thank you for your valuable advice. I am really grateful to join this forum. I'll let you know when the issue is resolved.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts