2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Blackbird 2019_Limited_4x4 Blk_on_Blk Tech_Lux_Nav
1,994 Posts
Those micro switches can fail, and they are a bit harder to clean (nearly impossible) then the contact switches in the non-proximity fobs. You might try shooting electronics cleaner or alcohol on them and working the switch a bit.

A good electronics shop might be able to r/r them, might as well do all 5 switches at once, if they can source replacements...

Reactions: rumrunner and Mark_

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
6am 4F degrees & windy, another perfect remote start. I'll remote start it all day long, or at least try to. got an all day road trip w/ several stops down & back

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
Official airport number at -39C early morning (that's -38F). My little home weather station has been refusing to display anything colder than -29 lately (goes blank), but my guess is we went below -40 easy, we're in a low lying area, perfect for cold.
Jeep's block heater not plugged in because I didn't have to drive this morning. I'll hook it up for an hour or two before I do go out, with a daytime high of -13F / -25C. I will remote start it for 5-10 minutes before I leave, heh.

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
5,885 Posts
Official airport number at -39C early morning (that's -38F). My little home weather station has been refusing to display anything colder than -29 lately (goes blank), but my guess is we went below -40 easy, we're in a low lying area, perfect for cold.
Jeep's block heater not plugged in because I didn't have to drive this morning. I'll hook it up for an hour or two before I do go out, with a daytime high of -13F / -25C. I will remote start it for 5-10 minutes before I leave, heh.
I think you guys are about to get hammered, if you're not already???😎
Sky Beard Flash photography Jaw Happy

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
I think you guys are about to get hammered, if you're not already???😎 View attachment 217969
Hammered ? Well, forecast says milder for the next few days (daytime above 0F lol) with maybe a dusting of snow on monday, then back into the cold come wednesday. This is (almost) typical January weather here, maybe a bit colder this year.
City streets are something to see, even the busy ones are 3/4 ice covered, city doesn't use melters below 5F ; they use sand though (more like small gravel), but it doesn't stay where it's needed for very long. Driving at night is revealing, you can see the ice from the reflection of oncocmers' headlights, even from the tail lights of cars in front if you are on a really dark road.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I understand what those numbers mean but comprehending the reality of it, is another story. those numbers sound just uninhabitable

saw Mark's 1st post while at my destination & it made me feel warmer. remote starter worked all day long, stating to think it's that little hood connector. anyone know how to disconnect it? I'd love to hit it w/ some compressed air & put it back on
7:30am left the house at 4F degrees
warmed 200 miles south in NY to 15 degrees. inspected & cleaned some of my brother's gutters & took pics w/ a camera on a pole, so we'll know what to work on come spring
back home at 6:45pm 8F degrees
6:45am this morning it's 2F degrees
that's really cold for us
remote start worked again

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
I understand what those numbers mean but comprehending the reality of it, is another story. those numbers sound just uninhabitable

saw Mark's 1st post while at my destination & it made me feel warmer. remote starter worked all day long, stating to think it's that little hood connector. anyone know how to disconnect it? I'd love to hit it w/ some compressed air & put it back on
7:30am left the house at 4F degrees
warmed 200 miles south in NY to 15 degrees. inspected & cleaned some of my brother's gutters & took pics w/ a camera on a pole, so we'll know what to work on come spring
back home at 6:45pm 8F degrees
6:45am this morning it's 2F degrees
that's really cold for us
remote start worked again
Just researched that hood switch connector. Found a GC video but the connector appears to be the same. Pull/slide the red tab back, and according to his instructions there should be a black tab that you need to push in with your fingertip (would be down low), then separate connector :

Reactions: rumrunner

·
Registered
11,335 Posts
Found another video with a Dodge Dart. On that one, you pull the red tab back and press in on the top part (probably what the other guy with the GC was referring to as the black tab).
You should be able to see it, where to push in.

After watching a few of these vids, I'm thinking your problem could be the switch, not the connector... but you t-shoot this as you go forward with some tinkering ;)

Reactions: rumrunner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts