2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
The 245/70 is also another 1/2" taller again and probably doesn't sit flat in the well causing
I have a 245/75r17 on a stock TH wheel in the spare compartment with the lid flat
I have 245/70's and they do indeed fit flat in spare tire well. Lid fits flush as well. May be different in other models, but that is the case with 2015's.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I ran the 245/70 17 Duratracs without lift and they just barely scrubbed the back of the front wheel well at 3/4 lock. Just enough to clean mud of the liners. 265/65 will do the same, though spacers will cause them both to rub more.

Add a lift and no change as that spot does not alter with the lift.

The only way to go larger is to start trimming the liner and the pinch welds underneath.

Sent via Tapatalk from a small keyboard on my phone with fat thumbs and no glasses...
Were your duratracs an LT tire ?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Yep. LT version. The ride is a little stiffer but not a concern but handling improved from the stiffness. Little loud for my wife's liking but fine for me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
766 Posts
Could you do a 265./60/R17??
These should be a problem. they are the same height (29.5) but an inch or so wider. As noted previously YMMV based on the specifics of the tire, but I don't think this will cause any rubbing as long as we are talking about a TH with stock rims and no spacers.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
What are your thoughts on 265 60 18 fitting a stock 2019 jeep cherokee latitude plus 4x4
Not very good at all, the biggest issue is going to be the high offset (40mm) of the stock wheels.

255/55/18 would be a good size that will fit without issue

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 245/75r17 on a stock TH wheel in the spare compartment with the lid flat
I know this is an old post but I'm new here and wanted to clarify. Did you experience any rubbing with the 245/75/17s? Did you have any issues long term? By stock, do you mean no trimming or pinch weld grinding? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
245/75's are going to be an issue with no lift, and possibly with a 2in lift without pinch weld mods. You can fit 245/70/17' without issues on a stock Trailhawk. I have a 2in lift on mine, and I'll be running 245/70's as soon as I replace the factory 245/65's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running 275/65/18's on my 2014 Grand Cherokee Trail-Rated Limited without any problems.
hi I have a 2018 grand cherokee overland, do you think the smae tire size will work? is it the same ride height as the trailhawk when the air suspension is in the lowered position?

·
Registered
847 Posts
hi I have a 2018 grand cherokee overland, do you think the smae tire size will work? is it the same ride height as the trailhawk when the air suspension is in the lowered position?
This isnt a grand cherokee site so might want to head over to the grand cherokee site for platform specific questions such as tire fitment.

·
Registered
2016 Cherokee Trailhawk, Cold, Mopar hitch, MFC HID's, 245/70R17 KO2's and LED Fogs
32 Posts
really? the 245/75R17 fits in your spare compartment? That is a 31.5" diameter tire.

No rubbing either?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a one and a quarter inch Bilstein strut shock and spring lift with 255/75R17. I cut and grinded the front and rear pinch welds. I trimmed the front fender flares and lower edge of the front fascia. I only have one tire that keeps rubbing the driver side front tire rubs like a mother f*** no matter how much I trim the fascia I'm wondering if the mechanic installed this strut wrong or something none of my other tires rub. It rubs the most when I go in reverse it's f**** weird and I get out and look at it and it's not touching anything

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I have a one and a quarter inch Bilstein strut shock and spring lift with 255/75R17. I cut and grinded the front and rear pinch welds. I trimmed the front fender flares and lower edge of the front fascia. I only have one tire that keeps rubbing the driver side front tire rubs like a mother f*** no matter how much I trim the fascia I'm wondering if the mechanic installed this strut wrong or something none of my other tires rub. It rubs the most when I go in reverse it's f**** weird and I get out and look at it and it's not touching anything
I guess so!!! That's way too much tire. I would prepare for a lot more issues in the future. Better start stashing some money away, you're going to need it. Drivetrain parts ain't cheap on these things!!!😎

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Also, don't expect ANYTHING to be covered under warranty, you've likely voided that in like seven different ways...😎

21 - 40 of 54 Posts