2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Trailhawk Elite 2.0T Olive Green Metallic Pearlcoat
3,341 Posts
If you do plan to wheel like that, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to invest in a set of Trailhawk skid plates. They'll bolt right on...😎

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
That's probably not a bad idea. How many does it have? Where might be a good place to get them?
Three I think. I would start with salvage yards, then check the various online Mopar parts sites. There's a bunch of them. Maybe someone else will chime in with the hookup...😎

·
Registered
17 Posts
Three I think. I would start with salvage yards, then check the various online Mopar parts sites. There's a bunch of them. Maybe someone else will chime in with the hookup...😎
About skid plates.... there are 4 main spots...Front spot near facia which needs to be removed, two plates there, then transmission area, one plate there, and rear gas tank area , 2 plates there. There is actually another two plates for the middle area that mopar does not sell anymore. Dont ask why. I got lucky on ebay. You may want to try there. If you buy from mopar, you get the bolts too. Install is not hard if you have the equipment and access to a few jacks or better yet a lift. Expect to pay 500 to 700 bucks total for all plus installation if you use the dealer.

I am so glad I installed the on my ADII.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Picture of front Trailhawk skid plates:
There is a part called a baffle which connects to the radiator surround and then the skid plate attaches to the baffle.
Obviously the picture is up-side-down.
If the bolt holes are in the radiator surround you could probably attach the baffle fairly easily.
The Trailhawk front end is different from non-Trailhawks which could complicate the installation.
Certainly somebody has installed Trailhawk skid plates but I don't know where the Post is.
Try this Post: Non-TH Skid Plates

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
if nuthin's broke, it ain't broke in ... ;-) happy trailz!
Mine is THOROUGHLY broken in, and nothing has broke, just a few marks on the skid plates...LOL!!!😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts