2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years, I've thought it'd be fun to restore a classic US Army jeep, but also know from experience that any restoration project is a PITA and takes a lot of time and money.

Then I saw the Mahindra Roxor, which is basically a brand new classic Jeep, made in Michigan by Mahindra of India, who was making real Army Jeeps under license since after WW2. Jeep fought to keep them out of the USA, but they're now sold as UTVs only. And even more importantly, they can easily be made street legal with the addition of separate turn signals, license plate lights, and an improved horn. They're also speed-limited to 45MPH, but this can be easily bypassed, allowing them to reach interstate speeds.

So I'm curious now about how they drive, and what they're like to live with as a secondary vehicle. Does anyone here have one?

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am guessing that why they not street legal is not just because they have license plate lights and all that other stuffed you named is because its not safe to drive on the road and most states won't just issue you a license plate just because you have a light for it and a horn and turn signals if so then you can do the same with a Razor sense they can go over 45

1 - 2 of 2 Posts