2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Did the noise ever come back after the repair? I think some people had replacements and they ended up making the same noise after a few weeks.
Mine was replaced and is much improved but still makes the noise.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mine has it also. I asked about it last winter and was told that it was normal. They actually started 1 they had in the lot and showed me it also had the whistle. He said some people notice it but the majority don't. It doesn't bother me other than when it's in the garage.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I live in a twin home and the girl in the other unit has a 2015 KL Limited AD1 same as mine. We both have the whistle, I assume it's normal. That don't make it right, just means a lot of them do it.

Reactions: Duke2015

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have noticed a high pitched whine on many vehicles, audible from outside the vehicle. It is usually the fuel pump.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try that to do a test...
when i remote start mine don't do the whistle but when i put and turn the key in the ignigition after the remote start the whisle begin... i'm the only one?

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is the exact noise I have. Did you ever get it resolved?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I am sorry to hear that this whistling noise is a chronic problem, and I might have to live with it. I just bought my Cherokee and the dealer replaced the rear differential motor. Or box. I still have the noise. I had no idea this is a common problem.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts