2014+ Jeep Cherokee Forums banner

Looking to get into a Jeep

4K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  rumrunner 
Looking @ a 2019 Cherokee Latitude Plus 4x4, v6. Has the upgraded interior, heated seats, cold weather group, trailer-tow group, safety tech group, with 45000 miles. It's on Carvana.

My question is, is this SUV worth buying. I've read the good and the bad but wanted some advice from actual owners.

Thanks! 😊

Hi,

'Worth buying' is very relative. Vehicle history is important. Price is important. We know Jeeps aren't known to be very reliable vehicles in general, so... how much passion is involved here ? Worth taking a bit of a risk ?

45K for a 2019 sounds 'normal'. Was it on a lease ?

It's had 2 (single) owners, no rental car history. No accidents or weird maintenance. Recalls are zero for this vehicle. Arrived & stayed in NM state. I'm in WA state. It's on Carvana. I've driven a local one but this one has the "bells & whistles" I'm looking for.

@ Flybynightcru & Mark

Alrighty... I took the advice and drove several Trailhawks all over the place. 5 different dealers. 3 actually took me down a some dirt road with bumps. Those 3 dealers said driving a Jeep is different than most & agreed with the advice here.

I drove a 22 Cherokee Latitude Plus, loaded... mmmm beautiful leather, like a cloud/plushy 🤤... but it's only a 2.0L. 2k lbs towing. As pretty as she was it's a no. Dove an Outback also.... yuck. Why do Washingtonians like them is beyond me.

Drove a 2020 Trailhawk, pretty loaded, leather, V6, towing package, cold weather package, no rental history, 17200 miles, 1 owner, no accidents of any sort. An OR/WA vehicle. No rust under from what I saw (yes I wiggled underneath). I dove it (with the sales gal) for 2 hours, yes really. By the time I was done I was pleasantly surprised. Not squirrly at all.

I've never driven any Jeep & I liked the feel, the handling, luv I can tow up to 4500lbs, and the room it has. The only things I don't like is: no tint on the front windows, it's "billet silver" color, and those Firestone destination tires with the white lettering have to be the fugliest tire ever!🤣

Verdict? I bought it. Pick it up tomorrow. I think everyone has buyers remorse at some point in a vehicle. Unless your ultra rich and can buy EXACTLY what you want/desire, whatever. 😉 If I'll miss one thing, it'll be gas mileage for sure! Encore was 27-30mpg. As Mark asked, "is it worth taking the risk?"

Yes, I think so.😁

Thanks everyone!

Pati
WA state

Ya, that Lat+ you drove would have 4000lb towing as well with the factory tow package. Does your new Trailhawk have it???😎
Yes it came with the factory tow package. Best way to go. I figured if I was buying used I might as well find one with most of the bells & whistles! 🤣

That Lat+ was sooooo plushy.....🤤 but I like what I bought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.